Brookes takes maiden BSB race win
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Brookes takes maiden BSB race win
HM Plant Honda's Josh Brookes took a maiden race win in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship in the second race at Thruxton this afternoon; becoming the first Australian to win a BSB race since Troy Bayliss in 1999 and securing HM Plant Honda's first race win since the 2008 season.

Brookes said:

"To win today feels good as I have been waiting a long time to win a BSB race. In race one I rode the best I could and finished second and I proved I could be consistent and not make mistakes. It was great for me to lead the race from the start to the finish and I know Tommy was breathing down my neck and was right on my tail so I just got my head down and stayed consistent. Its amazing to have finished the day like this and I hadn't put any pressure on myself to win as I knew I was capable of it, but at least now I have a trophy to prove it."

Brookes had a lightening start off the line to lead Yukio Kagayama into the Complex for the first time ahead of Gary Mason and Tommy Hill. The Worx Crescent Suzuki championship leader moved to second by the third lap and was closing on Brookes who had pulled a few bike lengths on his rival.

Stuart Easton was on the move too after ending the opening lap seventh, but by lap five was up to fifth and the leading group of Brookes, Hill, Yukio Kagayama, Michael Rutter and Easton were inseparable as they fought it out for the podium finish.

Easton was up to third by the ninth lap for the Swan Honda team after launching passed Rutter into the Club Chicane. Jessopp was then moving places, he worked his way up to third as the two Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducatis battled against Easton and Kagayama as Brookes and Hill edged an advantage.

The pack battling for third were rubbing elbows as they diced lap after lap for positions, with all four sitting third at different stages of the lap. Jessopp and Easton fought it out for third, with Easton taking the advantage, but in the final laps Ryuichi Kiyonari joined the fray as he closed in on the second HM Plant Honda.

Easton was able to hold on to third in the closing stages and although Hill was shadowing his Australian rival but was unable to make a pass, but the Worx Crescent Suzuki still leads the standings as the championship prepares for the next round at Oulton Park on the May Bank Holiday weekend.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Thruxton, race two result:

Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda)
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.391s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +17.112s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +7.146s
Martin Jessopp (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +7.263s
Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +7.789s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +8.241s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +10.378s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +12.218s
Gary Mason (MSS Colchester Kawasaki) +12.240s

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship standings after Thruxton:

Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) 90
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) 56
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) 50
James Ellison (Swan Honda) 41
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 40
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-04-2010, 06:16 PM
Website Find Reply