MIXED FORTUNES FOR GNS RACING AT THRUXTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
MIXED FORTUNES FOR GNS RACING AT THRUXTON
[Image: gnsracinglogo.gif]

GNS Racing endured a weekend of mixed fortunes at the second round of the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Championship held at a sun-kissed Thruxton circuit in Hampshire today.

Following a superb debut victory for the team at Brands Hatch over Easter, Lincoln rider Sam Lowes was hoping to continue his winning form and to extend his series lead at the Southampton-based team's local track and after qualifying his 600cc Honda in sixth place on the grid he ran with the leading bunch for the opening half of the race.

Looking set to challenge for the victory and after setting a second successive circuit lap record, Lowes unfortunately crashed out on lap 12 meaning he didn't add to his 25 points scored in the opening round and as a result dropped to fourth in the series.

It was much better news for teenager Paul Jordan who continued his great start to the season with a second podium in the Fuchs Silkolene British Supersport Cup. The young Ulsterman claimed a fine 13th place overall and with it second place in the Cup to hold third overall in the standings going into the next round at Oulton Park in Cheshire over the May Bank Holiday weekend.

Sam Lowes:

"The team have done a mega job this weekend again and I'm gutted that we couldn't bring the bike home and get the result we feel we all deserved. My plan was to get the first five laps done cleanly and then press on and the plan went perfectly but just as I'd worked my way up to third, the bike began to overheat and the engine lost a bit of power. I re-grouped and kept plugging away and was still only half a second off the front three but I ran a little bit wide on a corner, onto the dusty part of the circuit and tucked the front and that was that. I felt really strong and was confident of another podium, at least, but it was an accident that could have happened to anyone. I'm disappointed now but I was riding well, I took another lap record and am still fourth in the Championship so everything's still looking positive. My two favourite tracks are coming up next so I'll be looking to repeat the Brands result at Oulton. Finally, a big thanks to the team and all my fans for another strong weekend and I'll be doing everything to turn it all into a top result next time out."

Paul Jordan:

"The bike was working great for me this weekend and I'm getting used to the 600cc bike all the time so I'm well pleased with the result. I didn't get the greatest of starts but it was better than at Brands and although I had a couple of wee moments going into the first corner, I sorted them out as the race went on and just sat behind AJ ready to make my move on the last lap. It all went to plan perfectly and a big thank you to the team for all their support and effort this weekend, they played a huge part in getting me up there this weekend so roll on Oulton!"

Gary Stubbington:

"I've got to feel sorry for Sam, he was riding really well and putting together a great race. He didn't get the best of starts but he bided his time and gradually reeled the front group in so he was well placed going in to the final third of the race. Sadly, a technical problem caused the bike to overheat and as he pushed that little bit harder to make up for the slight loss of power he lost the front but it could have happened to anyone so I'm sure he'll bounce back strongly for Oulton and be running back at the front again. As for Paul, in only his second Supersport race, we're delighted for him and to come second in the Cup competition and 13th overall second time out is a fantastic result. Finally, a big thanks to all the sponsors and to everyone in the team who've worked hard again all weekend to get two great bikes out on to the grid."

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport 600cc race (18 laps)

1 James Westmoreland (Yamaha) 23m23.215s
2 Graeme Gowland (Honda) +0.355s
3 Tom Grant (Yamaha) +0.369s
4 Billy McConnell (Yamaha) +4.712s
5 Jack Kennedy (Yamaha) +7.135s
6 Ian Hutchinson (Honda) +8.035s
7 Ben Wilson (Kawasaki) +8.545s
8 Chris Martin (Kawasaki) +10.830s
9 Lee Johnston (Kawasaki) +17.988s
10 Jason OHalloran (Triumph) +18.879s
13 Paul Jordan (Honda) +26.283s
DNF Sam Lowes - 12 laps

Championship Positions

1 Westmoreland 45 points
2 Gowland 31
3 McConnell 29
4 Lowes 25
5 Grant 23
6 OHalloran 19
18 Jordan 3 (3rd in Cup 36 points)
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
18-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Website Find Reply