Frustrating Race day for Motorpoint Yamaha
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Frustrating Race day for Motorpoint Yamaha
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

A strong qualifying result did not turn into a good race day for Dan Linfoot on the Motorpoint Yamaha. From the second row a good start was needed to make sure of a tow with the fast group, Dan got boxed in and slipped to 12th position, fighting his way through to 9th by lap one. Dan, pushing to catch the front group, lost grip with his front tyre through the Goodwood section of the track and crashed without injury.

His Motorpoint Yamaha was not as lucky! There is not much chance of the bike surviving a 125mph crash without too much damage. The Motorpoint team prides themselves on being ready for any situation and within a couple of hours the bike was back ready to race. The new 1 machine rule means that preparation back in the workshop is crucial and a good team essential.

Race 2 came and Dan brought the bike home in 12th position safely, not the weekend he or the team expected but experience had been gained by the young Superbike ‘Rookie’.

Dan Linfoot Motorpoint Yamaha

“Really disappointed with my weekend, I struggled to get settled down around the really fast sections out the back of the circuit, the Superbike is a real handful.

It was only later that I found a good setting but then made a rubbish start and had to push too hard to catch up.

My boy’s did a great job rebuilding the bike and I can’t thank them enough, thanks go to Nitro as well, my new race suit and carbon helmet definitely helped me make the second race I will be working hard to repay them and our sponsors at Oulton in a couple of weeks with some good results”

Rob Mac

“Pretty tough weekend, we knew as soon as Hodgy was not going to make it that Dan would find it tough on his own, trying to set up your bike with his limited experience on a Superbike on your own without a teammate is tough, add in Thruxton the fastest track in Europe and it was never going to be easy.

We all thought he would settle into Thruxton better, his style and the Yamaha would suit the track, it did not all gel for us at all. We have to move on and not dwell on this we know he has the ability we just need to get all the team back to full strength”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 20-04-2010, 02:32 PM by Malcolm.)
20-04-2010, 02:30 PM
Website Find Reply