Dan Kneen in winning form as 2010 TT approaches
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Dan Kneen in winning form as 2010 TT approaches
[Image: dkneenhdr.gif]

With just weeks to go before he tackles his second Isle of Man TT, Manxman Dan Kneen is already in winning form.

The 22-year-old put in a blistering performance at Thruxton on Sunday to take victory in the Supersport Cup race, and extend his lead in the series, which provides a privateers’ race within the main Supersport race.

If Kneen can continue his current short circuit form on the Mountain course for the 2010 TT he will be able to fulfil his ambition of improving the impressive performances of his TT debut last year. In 2009 he took three top 12 finishes and lapped at more than 125mph.

Racing at Thruxton on his Marks Bloom Racing Yamaha R6, Kneen overcame suspension issues and a lowly qualifying position of 20th to storm through the Supersport field and take 11th overall and the winner’s trophy, champagne and top step of the podium in the privateers’ cup for being the first “cup” rider home.

He said:

“Im really chuffed to get the maximum points in the cup championship and even more so to have been able to run towards the front of the pack and finish near the top 10, especially as this isn’t one of my best circuits.”

Kneen has a four point lead in the cup series and is 15th in the British Supersport Championship going into the next round at Oulton Park in early May. Last year he scored a victory there in the Superstock 600 class, so should be feeling confident.

The three-times Manx Grand Prix winner, with machinery supplied by Marks Bloom accountants, engine tuning by Slick Performance and the help of sponsors Manx Gas, Paul Dedman, Leo Vince, Piazzo, GPR, Wemoto, Goodridge, AM Leathers, Hein Gericke and Boal Engineering, is confident 2010 will bring more success.

Dan is looking for sponsorship support to maximise his potential so if you are able to assist and be part of a promising season please contact Dan
HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2010, 06:49 PM by Malcolm.)
21-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Website Find Reply