Racing ahead to Family Fun on the North Coast.
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Racing ahead to Family Fun on the North Coast.
[Image: relenlessnorthwesthdr.gif]

The Relentless International North West 200, in association with Black Horse, is fast approaching and everyone in the Triangle area and beyond is gearing up for a week of free family entertainment and activities on the North Coast.

The annual Race Week Festival, which is organised by Coleraine Borough Council in partnership with Coleraine and District Motor Club, will feature a host of events ideal for all age groups and will begin on Saturday 8th May with NIKA Kart Racing at East Strand Car Park, Portrush. This will be followed by the annual Charity Walk of the North West 200 circuit on Sunday 9th May in aid of Action Cancer.

This year Council has secured some stunning entertainment acts for the week long festival programme. There are several ‘not to be missed’ events including the Family Motor Fest in Lansdowne Crescent on Wednesday 12th May featuring the UKFMX Freestyle Motocross Stunt Team, the ever-popular Sunny and Rainbow Clown Show, Mini Moto Racing and many more family attractions to delight all ages. There will also be a special family entertainment show at the Paddock area on Friday morning with Kevin Carmichael and local favourite, Captain Franko.

This year, for the first time, the festival will welcome the Continental Market to Portrush. The market is a hugely successful annual fixture at Belfast’s City Hall during the Christmas period and will undoubtedly draw equally large crowds during its time at Metropole Corner from Wednesday 12th – Sunday 16th May.

The music enthusiasts are also catered for. On Friday 14th May, ‘Flash Harry’, the top Queen tribute act will take to the stage in aid of Action Cancer at the Hospitality Marquee from 8pm, tickets can be purchased directly from Action Cancer.

That same evening Portstewart will boogie on down to the sounds of ‘Elevation’, Ireland’s favourite U2 tribute act. ‘Even better than the real thing’, ‘Elevation’ will take to the stage at The Crescent, from 8.30pm and play a mix of old U2 classics and present day hits. The performance will finish with a spectacular fireworks display at 10.30pm to mark the end to a ‘beautiful day’ on the North Coast.

“Coleraine Borough Council is preparing for its annual influx of motor enthusiasts and visitors coming to enjoy the thrills and entertainment at the North West 200.

“During recent years Council has aimed to create a festival programme which delivers much more than just motorbike racing. This year, we are confident that the entertainment acts, the events, activities and attractions that are on offer will appeal to all ages and interests.

We will present an incredibly diverse and entertaining programme including stunt shows, live bands, vintage cars, a continental market, fireworks, and much more- all designed to create a festival atmosphere. This is very much a family orientated programme and we hope that visitors make the journey up to the North Coast to enjoy what we have to offer.”

Mervyn Whyte MBE, International North West 200 Race Director, added,

“The team at Coleraine Borough Council is an integral part of the North West 200 organisational infrastructure and each year they plan and manage a stunning array of events to appeal to both local people and our visitors from all over the world. Year on year Race Week Festival attracts even more tourists and it really has developed into a wonderful carnival style series of events culminating in Race Day itself. We work very closely with Coleraine Borough Council all year round and I’d like to thank all the councillors and staff for their constant support and hard work.”

Click here to download the Race Week flyer and more information can be obtained by contacting Coleraine Tourist Information Centre, telephone 7034 4723.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-04-2010, 07:48 PM
Website Find Reply