Motorpoint Yamaha announce Hodgson replacement
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorpoint Yamaha announce Hodgson replacement
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

Ian Lowry will replace Neil Hodgson and partner Dan Linfoot in the Motorpoint Yamaha Superbike team.

With the devastating news that Neil Hodgson has been forced to retire through injury Rob Mac wasted no time in signing Ian Lowry.

Rob Mac

“We have been working closely with Neil since Brands Hatch and have known the injury was career threatening, to lose Neil like this has been tough to take, the whole team had been put together with Neil and Dan.

The buzz around our team and sponsors has been great and the expectations of a great season were justified.

As a team we all feel for Neil, he will be around with the team helping our riders and sponsors so he can’t put his feet up just yet.

For me I had to find a replacement fast, Ian Lowry being available is a real coup for us and the BSB Championship.

He finished ‘rookie’ of the year in the Superbike class of 2009 and at only 23 years will line up as one of the most exciting young talents on the grid.

We managed to give him a run last week and will test Friday this week, he has a lot to learn in a short time but is very confident in himself and our bike”

[Image: lowry2.gif]

Ian Lowry

“It’s a great shame for Neil, I like many young racers followed Neil through his career and I am sure he is feeling pretty rubbish right now, I am sure he knows he has made the right decision and I hope he can come and help Dan and I through the year.

So what a phone call that was! Rob called me a few weeks ago and asked if I could test the bike with no real plans just yet, I jumped on a plane and rode the bike at Oulton and really got on well, it’s a rubbish way to get a ride when a rider get’s injured but that’s racing. For me I can’t wait to get to Oulton Park next week and get stuck in!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
22-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Website Find Reply