TT winner Cameron Donald launches 2010 season on the roads
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT winner Cameron Donald launches 2010 season on the roads
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

With the 2010 Isle of Man TT just weeks away, Australian sensation Cameron Donald is starting his preparations early
with a late entry into the Cookstown 100 this weekend.

The Relentless by TAS Suzuki star was forced to miss racing at the 2009 TT after sustaining a shoulder injury in a practice fall. He was set to battle for more race victories around the Mountain Circuit after setting a blistering pace during practice.

This year, Donald is determined to make up for that disappointment.

He will get his 2010 season under way at Cookstown, the first time Donald has sampled ‘between the hedges’ action on the Irish scene for three years.

The Melbourne native said:

“I only live about a mile from the circuit here in Cookstown, so this is a home race for me and something I’m pretty excited about. It’s been three years since I last rode a national road race, so we will be using it for logical testing time on the Relentless Suzuki GSX–R1000 Superbike and GSX–R600 Supersport machines, and if we can claim some top results that’ll be a bonus.”

“It really was a last minute decision so I’m not putting too much pressure on myself.”

“It’s always good to be racing the bikes and not just testing them, and some time on the roads will do me no harm at all.”

Team manager Philip Neill added:

“We have had a decent pre-season build-up this year with both Cameron and Bruce (Anstey), taking in Spanish testing and a few races over Easter in Northern Ireland. Cameron and I had looked at the Cookstown idea a few weeks ago, even though we only made the decision at the 11th hour.”

“Cameron is a rider who thrives on confidence so a few more racing miles under his belt will do him no harm. I will stress, we are not going to Cookstown primarily for results, but to further develop our bikes for the North West 200 and the TT, and as Cameron says, any result will be a bonus.”

“We are just looking to see if we can learn anything and if we do that, then the decision to race at Cookstown will be justified.”

“It’s my local race and Cameron is local to Cookstown when he’s racing in the UK and Ireland, so if we’re to do just one national event this year, I’m glad that it’s on our local circuit.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Website Find Reply