British contingent seeking improvement in Spain
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
British contingent seeking improvement in Spain
Bradley Smith and Danny Webb both finished in the points in the opening 125cc race of 2010 in Qatar, but the duo are keen to improve even further this weekend at Jerez.

[Image: bradleysmith4.gif]

British 125cc riders Bradley Smith and Danny Webb will need no extra motivation for the Gran Premio bwin de España at Jerez this weekend, and both are targeting the second round of the 2010 World Championship as the point at which their respective seasons can kick on.

For 2009 Championship runner-up Smith it is a return to the circuit at which he has enjoyed notable success before. The 19 year-old took the second GP podium of his career at Jerez in 2008, before securing his maiden win in the World Championship at the Andalusian venue last year.

After eighth place in Qatar in the opening round of 2010 Smith is now determined to place himself back amongst the frontrunners, and his pace at Jerez in pre-season combined with his racing record there has given him added belief ahead of the weekend.

"Jerez is a circuit that brings back great memories for me, especially my first Grand Prix victory a year ago,” said Smith. “I'm excited and looking forward to getting out onto the track and trying to repeat that result on Sunday. The important thing will be to identify the problems we had in Qatar on Friday, fix them and start working towards the race. It is important for us to have a bike that is 100% effective if we're going to be fighting in the lead pack.”

“Pre-season testing at Jerez was very productive so we know we have a base setting that works there. Jerez proved to be my 'lucky' circuit last year so hopefully this year it can be the springboard to another good season,” he concluded.

Fellow Brit Webb will also be striving for that something extra as he bids to improve on what was an impressive 11th-placed finish in Qatar. The Andalucia Cajasol rider was eighth in last year’s GP at Jerez, and he has his eye on a first podium finish of his career.

“We know we can improve a lot and we are looking forward to Jerez to start fighting for podium positions,” he said. “I would like to thank my new team ever so much because I know it was a hard weekend in Qatar with everything that had happened, they still worked extremely hard and it was a pleasure being around them. I would like to wish the mechanics well who were injured in the car crash in Qatar and to get better soon, and we are all looking forward to Jerez which is such a special place for me and of course the team.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
29-04-2010, 12:11 PM
Website Find Reply