Motorpoint Yamaha back to full strength
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Motorpoint Yamaha back to full strength
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

After the disappointing news that Motorpoint Yamaha team leader Neil Hodgson has been forced to retire through injury, the Rob Mac racing team wasted no time in getting the team back to a full squad.

The singing of Ian Lowry to replace Neil for the remainder of the season hopefully signals a change of luck for Rob Mac Racing, a short test in the sunshine at Cadwell Park gave the team and Ian time to get some more miles on the bike before Oulton Park next weekend.

Ian had been caught up in the volcanic dust storm and had to endure a 30 hour coach trip to return from Spain to make the test in time, so he was not 100% fit.

Ian Lowry Motorpoint Yamaha

“That test was just what I needed, although I was not in the best shape from my epic journey back from Spain! We have to be ready to go now, a few laps at Oulton and 12 laps here at Cadwell is not ideal preparation for my start to the BSB but I’m well up for it. I need a good week of training and getting ready, the Spanish trip was a nightmare and it has definitely taken it out of me, no sleep or much food for 2 day’s is not the way to prepare for riding one of these bikes! I am pleased we made it happen as I just need time on the bike. I am so excited about racing next weekend I just have to keep calm!”

Rob Mac

“What a nightmare week! Thankfully we have managed to turn it around and end the week with a real spring in our step and a great Oulton Park to look forward to.

Ian had such a tough week trying to get back from Spain, jumping on a bus laid on for a school hockey team to get home may sound like fun but 30 hrs later and totally wiped out he will confirm was far from funny!

The test went well and he is getting more confident with every lap, we just need a little share of good luck and our season will kick into life.

Thanks to Cadwell Park and MSV for helping us to find track time, hopefully we can repay them with being a big part in their show next weekend!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-04-2010, 11:19 AM
Website Find Reply