STEVE PLATER – OULTON PARK PREVIEW
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER – OULTON PARK PREVIEW
[Image: platerlogo.gif]

HM Plant Honda rider Steve Plater goes into the third round of the Metzeler National Superstock 1000 championship with a clear lead of 10 points and an unbeaten record which he intends to maintain at Oulton Park on May Day Bank Holiday Monday.

After winning both of the first two races at Brands Hatch and Thruxton, Plater will be out for his hat trick at the Cheshire circuit, but he isn’t having it all his own way as Howie Mainwaring gave him a run for his money at Thruxton and with Oulton Park being his home circuit Mainwaring will be gunning for victory in front of his local fans.

Plater, from Woodhall Spa in Lincolnshire has had more than his fair share of success at Oulton Park, including wins in the Superbike and Supersport classes and the highly experienced rider will be seeking to add to his tally of wins in the Superstock race this time around.

He said:

“I am looking forward to racing at Oulton Park, we have two visits to the circuit each year and it is a track I enjoy. I clinched the British Supersport championship with a win at Oulton back in October and am hopeful of a strong result once again at the weekend. I realise the competition will once again be tough, there are quite a few riders that have the capability of winning the race and of course Howie (Mainwaring) will be keen to win on home tarmac but as long as I can secure a good grid position and get away to a good start I feel the HM Plant Honda Fireblade has the power to give me the edge on my opponents.”

Free practice and qualifying take place on Saturday and Sunday followed by a 15-lap race provisionally scheduled for a start at 2.20pm on Monday.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-04-2010, 05:28 PM
Website Find Reply