WORLD CHAMPIONS READY FOR SNETTERTON
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WORLD CHAMPIONS READY FOR SNETTERTON
[Image: birchall8.gif]

Mansfield brothers and current world sidecar champions Ben and Tom Birchall are fully prepared for their assault on the three races in round two of the Battle of Britain F1 sidecar championship that takes place at Snetterton over the May Day weekend of May 2/3.

The Mitchells of Mansfield supported pair are sporting new helmets this year after bringing a new sponsor on board. Oxfords Products Ltd is supplying Ben and Tom with HJC helmets as worn by another world champion – current World Superbike champion Ben Spies. The wonder boy MotoGP rookie has been helping HJC to develop helmets suitable for all world champions and now Ben and Tom are part of the HJC team they will also sport the same helmets and design as Spies.
[Image: spieshelmet.jpg]

After the first three races of the new Battle of Britain championship Ben and Tom are nestled in third place but three good results at Snetterton could move them nearer to the series lead.

Ben Birchall commented:

“We usually go well at Snetterton and have had success there in the past so we are anticipating three good races. The action is much closer this year as the riders contesting the world series are only permitted to use standard engines and it is making for some exciting and close racing for the spectators. Snetterton is a really fast circuit and we realise it wont be an easy ride for us. But we are up for the challenge, the Avon tyres are getting better with each outing and we had a good race at Le Mans last week in the first round of the world series were we finished in a very close second place. There are 75 points up for grabs at Snetterton and we intend to claim as many of those as possible to remain in contention for the championship lead.”

Qualifying takes place over Saturday and Sunday with the first race – run over 14 laps of the fast and flowing 1.952-mile Norfolk circuit on Sunday at 12.55pm. Races two and three are set for Bank Holiday Monday at 12.39pm and 4.26pm and both will run over 12 laps.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
24-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Website Find Reply