Sure signs Long Term Deal to be Official TT Races Sponsor
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Sure signs Long Term Deal to be Official TT Races Sponsor
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

Fans set to benefit with a TT information textline for customers

Isle of Man based Telecommunications Company Sure has signed a long-term deal to be the ‘Official Mobile Provider’ to the TT Races. The three-year deal includes sponsorship of the Sidecar Races in 2010, which will be called Sure Sidecar Race 1 and 2.

Sure has been a long term supporter of the TT since the company arrived on the Isle of Man in 2007 and the latest agreement will see their backing continue until 2012 including the anniversary of the Mountain Course in 2011.

[Image: surett2010.gif]

The sponsorship will see Sure providing mobile phones for all of the sector marshals and the company has also set up a text messaging service to keep marshals informed of any news and updates throughout the fortnight.

Sure will offer additional TT benefits to any Sure customers, including existing Isle of Man based residents and visitors who can pick up and use a free Sure SIM card from the retail unit at the TT Grandstand or either of the shops in Douglas or Ramsey.

A TT information service will be provided for anyone who has a Sure SIM card. Customers need to text 101 to opt in to receive the updates that will include race information and results, road closures as well as details and tips on the entertainment programme.

To celebrate Sure’s continued involvement with the TT, Official Radio Partner Manx Radio will be broadcasting live from the company’s shop on Strand Street on Saturday 24th April. Dave Molyneux and sidecar passenger Patrick Farrance will be at the store unveiling the new design on their sidecar and Ramsey Rocket Conor Cummins will also be on hand to sign autographs and answer questions. Fans can also get their picture taken with the Senior and Sidecar trophies.

Sure’s Country Manager Mike Stanton talked of the role that the company plays as a TT sponsor:

“We are using the company infrastructure, expertise and assets to help the TT organisers with their communications challenges. We are also pleased to be able to reward Sure’s customers – both residential and visitors - with tangible benefits from our sponsorship such as the text information service.”

Geoff Corkish, MBE, MHK, Political Member for Isle of Man Tourism, commented:

“We are delighted to have secured the long-term support of Sure who are proving to be a valuable partner for the TT Races and are adding real value to the event. Their communications expertise is invaluable in helping us to communicate with the TT audience and their financial backing allows us to invest in the running and infrastructure of the event.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
26-04-2010, 03:08 PM
Website Find Reply