Rob Thoughts for Oulton Park Round 3
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rob Thoughts for Oulton Park Round 3
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

“Well I never imagined a start to the year like this! Our World Champ team leader retired through injury without starting the first race, our young gun not quite finding his winter testing form and here we are with only two average results under our belts.

Our luck has to change! Maybe the introduction of Ian Lowry will give us the ‘luck of the Irish’ ! We will have everything crossed hoping that Ian and Dan can start their season at Oulton this weekend.

Ian has had a couple of tests on the bike and with limited time really got on well, Dan will at last have a team mate to help him through the race weekend and hopefully settle him down for race day. We have yet to see the pace from him he set in Spain, he has qualified pretty strong but has not turned the good start positions into race results, we know he has the pace to run with the fast guy’s he just needs to get a start and settle down.

[Image: lowry3.gif]
Ian Lowry on bike 100 at Barn Corner

Ian has a steep learning curve ahead of him, the bike is unique to ride and he is playing catch up, all the front riders are high on confidence and he has to jump in and try and hang on for the first couple of races.

I am sure he can mix it with the front runners and help settle Dan on his way, both Dan and Ian have Oulton as one of their favourite circuits and I know they are itching to get on track come Saturday.

With new rules for 2010 we have to be in a top six position by the ninth round, there will be 6 riders then who can compete for the Title over the three remaining rounds so as long as we start getting consistent results now the bad start can be soon forgotten and we can be in the hunt for the silver ware!

My team deserve a good weekend as well as all my partners, we have the bike, we now have a full 100% fit squad all we need is a bit of luck!”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
27-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Website Find Reply