Swan Honda return to winning ways at Oulton Park
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Swan Honda return to winning ways at Oulton Park
[Image: swanhondahdr.gif]

The Swan Honda team returned to the top step of the podium at Oulton Park today as Stuart Easton took the opening victory of the day at the third round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Easton took a characteristic lightening start off the line to lead the pack into Old Hall on the opening lap and despite coming under pressure from championship leader Tommy Hill on the Worx Crescent Suzuki he was able to maintain the advantage to the finish.

It was a challenging second race for the team though as Easton struggled in the opening laps and believing he had an issue with his rear tyre he pitted before rejoining the race. The problem reoccurred when Easton went back out on track and he was forced to retire, however the impressive performance in the opening race has elevated him to second in the overall championship standings.

Easton said:

"The whole weekend we have been up there on top, apart from qualifying where we were second so I felt that we would be able to challenge for both race wins today. In the first race we had edged out a lead and there was nothing really between us, so I just kept fighting and was able to hold on for the win. It was a great feeling to win the first race as it was my first one of the season and I was feeling really fired up to do the same in the second.

"In the second race it didn't really work out as we had hoped. I thought that I had a problem with the rear tyre so I came in to the garage but we later found out it was just a setting that didn't work out with the electronics. It was disappointing as it had worked unbelievably in the first race, but we really went into the second one blind as we had only had a handful of laps to practice in the wet. We have moved up to second in the standings now though after the win so we have come away in a better position overall so now we are looking forward to Cadwell Park."

Team Manager Shaun Muir concluded:

"It was great for Stuart to have won the opening race for the Swan Honda team. He likes to lead from the front and we knew Tommy (Hill) was going to be strong and they were quite evenly paced so it was an impressive and controlled race from Stuart. In the second race it was obviously disappointing to have not finished, but we are now second in the championship and we are looking forward to building on that at the next round in three weeks' time at Cadwell Park."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-05-2010, 10:35 AM
Website Find Reply