STEVE PLATER PREPARES FOR IRISH CHALLENGE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER PREPARES FOR IRISH CHALLENGE
[Image: platerlogo.gif]

Current Superbike and Supersport lap record holder Steve Plater is preparing for his 2010 campaign at the Northwest 200 annual road racing event in Northern Ireland where he is due to line up for a start in five races this time on Saturday – the two Superbike races plus the Superstock event for HM Plant Honda and two Supersport races for Padgett’s Honda.

Although he won two races at last year’s meeting, the NW200 Superbike plus the second Supersport race had to be cancelled because the deteriorating weather conditions made it unsafe for racing and denying the Woodhall Spa rider any chance of adding to his tally of wins.

Asked what his aims are for this year’s event he replied:

“I am riding in three different classes this year instead of the usual two so it’s all going to be a bit hectic but I like to keep myself busy and am really looking forward to the challenge. I would like to extend my wins tally as currently I have won three races on the day in previous years and to add another would be nice.

“I am the current lap record holder but that will count for nothing now as a new chicane has been placed at Mathers Cross so whatever the weather, a new lap record will be established on Saturday in each class.”

Racing takes place around the 8.9-mile Triangle Course that runs on public roads between the towns of Portrush, Portstewart and Coleraine on Saturday and is set to start his preparations with qualifying on Tuesday evening and a new for 2010 full day of qualifying/practice on Thursday ahead of the racing on Saturday. Roads close at 10am with racing set to continue throughout the day between 11am – 6.30pm.

Steve has produced some outstanding results at the NW200 road races over the past few years including:

2009 Superbike race – winner, Supersport race - winner

2008 – NW200 Superbike – Winner, Superbike race – Fourth, Supersport race – winner in each of the two races

2007 – NW200 Superbike race – Winner, Superbike race – Third, Supersport race – second

2006 – NW200 Superbike race – Winner, Superbike race – Winner

2005 – Superbike race – Second

2003 – Superbike race – Third
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 09-05-2010, 06:16 PM by Malcolm.)
09-05-2010, 06:15 PM
Website Find Reply