STEVE PLATER TOPS PRACTICE TABLE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER TOPS PRACTICE TABLE
[Image: platerlogo.gif]

Practice got underway for the 2010 North West 200 races in Northern Ireland on Tuesday with Steve Plater ending the Superbike session as the fastest rider with an advantage of 2.401seconds over fellow HM Plant rider John McGuinness.

Plater, who is the current lap record holder in the class put in seven laps of the 8.97-mile course and was clocked through the speed trap at 203mph on his way to claiming the fastest lap of the evening.

Asked what he thought about the weather conditions the Lincolnshire ace said: “It is dry and fine and although the wind is a little bit difficult it is the same for all of us. I used the first couple of laps to get used to the circuit again and check my braking points.

“The new chicane at Mathers is tight but not a problem and could provide some over-taking possibilities and again, it’s the same for everyone.”

The Superstock session was cancelled because of lack of time after a lengthy hold up in the Supersport class because of an oil spillage at Station Corner.

The stoppage means that the Superstock riders have to qualify on Thursday.

With wet weather being forecast for the area on Thursday then last night’s Superbike times could be crucial for Saturday’s races.”

Roads close on Thursday at 9.30am and re-open at 3pm to allow daytime practice for all classes ahead of racing on Saturday when the roads close at 10am to allow for a full day of racing.

[Image: platernw1.jpg]
Pic by Alan Armstrong
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Website Find Reply