Czech Ace Connects to Manx Telecom Post TT Races
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Czech Ace Connects to Manx Telecom Post TT Races
[Image: postTThdr.gif]

MANX TELECOM POST TT RACES

Rising Czech star Michal Dokoupil is to make his Billown Course debut in the Manx Telecom Post TT Road Races on Saturday 12th June.

The likable thirty-one-year-old made his Island debut last year in the TT Supersport races taking 32nd place in the first race gaining a bronze replica, but unfortunately recorded a DNF in the second.

In fact 2009 was a debut year for Michal as he raced at Oliver’s Mount, Scarborough, Armoy and two events at Dundrod, Northern Ireland the Dundrod 150 and the Ulster Grand Prix.

At the Dundrod 150 Road Races, just prior to the Ulster Grand Prix the Czech recorded his first road race victory in the feature race, also setting a record lap in the process.

In all in nine races, nine finishes at the above meetings in which he finished no lower than tenth – showing his prowess for ‘racing between the hedges’ – and finished the season in the top one-hundred in the Duke Road Races Rankings.

Riding for the AIR Kawasaki team, his first outing on the roads this year to date was at the traditional opening road race of the season in Northern Ireland, the Cookstown ‘100’ at the end of April, where he notched up a seventh in the feature Cookstown ‘100’ race and took second place on the 650cc SuperTwins race behind Ryan Farquhar.

[Image: dekoupil1.jpg]
Michal Dokoupil in action at Oliver’s Mount in 2009

Michal commented after that particular race:

‘I tried hard to get closer to Ryan, but he was faster than me, I decided to keep my second place, and especially when you are a newcomer, you feel happy to be second behind the champion such as Ryan.’

For his debut ride at the Manx Telecom Post TT Road Races, Michal will race the Team AIR Kawasaki 650cc Suzuki in the eight lap SuperTwins Race.

Certainly on his past and current season’s form of being able to quickly get the ‘hang’ of pure-road courses new to him, the Czech State Television employee is set to impress on the 4.25-mile Billown Course and one to keep an eye on.

Michal Dokoupil will receive the usual warm ‘Billown’ welcome and is destined to become of the fans favourites !

Manx Telecom Post TT Road Races

Road Closing Times

Saturday 12th June

Afternoon - 1.00pm to 4.00pm
Evening - 5.00pm to 8.30pm
Or if postponed

Sunday 13th June

12.30pm to 7.00pm

Race Programme

Race 1 125cc & 400cc Race 8 laps
Race 2 250cc & 650cc Super Twins Race 8 laps
Race 3 600cc Supersport Race 8 laps
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2010, 01:02 PM by Malcolm.)
13-05-2010, 12:59 PM
Website Find Reply