Ecolve Confirm Race Entry for Isle of Man TT Zero Race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
[Image: ttnewlogo.gif]

London based team sign up Mark Buckley to ride in clean emissions race

Ecolve, a London based company that manufactures electric scooters, has become the latest team to confirm their participation in TT Zero, the clean emissions race that will be run on the Isle of Man as part of the TT Races meeting in June.

The company has created an electric sports bike especially for the Race that they have named ‘Bolt’ because of its potential speed. They have secured experienced TT racer Mark Buckley as their rider.

Alex Herman, Director Ecolve, commented:

“We already have proven expertise with electric scooters and will be using the TT Zero race to demonstrate our sports bike which we are planning to retail to the mass market later this year.”

He continued:

“We are really looking forward to participating in this world class event and are confident that we have produced a really competitive bike that will challenge for honours.”

[Image: ttzerologo.gif]

The team will be chasing the £10,000 prize that the Isle of Man Government will award to the first team to record a 100mph average lap speed around the iconic 37 ¾ mile course.

The ‘Bolt’ bike is based on a 125cc frame and is being built using the latest in EV technology whilst also incorporating tried and tested racing technology. Ecolve has partnered with Zip Motorcycles who will build the frame and install the electric components.

The bike uses the latest motor technology running at a continuous 25kw to ensure that it will have the power to hit the magic 100mph average mark for the 37 3/4 mile circuit. The Bolt uses an AC brushless motor that has water-cooling to help with the performance. The battery technology is Lithium-ion that will have a battery management system and is also liquid cooled to allow optimum operation.

To further improve the bikes capability on track the team will be using lightweight components where possible such as Carbon Fibre Wheels and ceramic brakes.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Website Find Reply