Robinson wins his first North West 200 race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Robinson wins his first North West 200 race
[Image: relenlessnorthwesthdr.gif]

Paul Robinson emerged victorious in the four-lap McKendry Fabrication 125cc race following a number of podium positions in the last few years.

Robinson, the son of Mervyn Robinson, killed at the North West in 1980, inherited the lead of the race on the second lap after race leader William Dunlop was forced to retire at York with a broken gearbox.

At the end of lap two Robinson was 1.6secs ahead of Chris Palmer, but as they went out onto the final circuit Palmer retired at the pits with an electrical problem leaving Robinson comfortably in front.

At the chequered flag He was 8.6secs ahead of Jon Vincent recording his first podium with Belgian Renzo Van den Donckt also his first podium in third.

Robinson said, “It wasn’t easy and I was as nervous as anything on the last lap in case anything happened the bike as we had a few problems during practice. It was always my wish to win a North West 200 race and at last I’ve done it.”

You can view/download the full race results HERE
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
15-05-2010, 02:58 PM
Website Find Reply