Top Riders Recovering in Nobles
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Top Riders Recovering in Nobles
As reported on Manx Radio earlier today.

Two of the leading riders in road racing have been receiving treatment in hospital, after being injured in separate high-speed crashes during Friday's Senior TT.

Guy Martin came off his machine at Ballgarey on lap three, and was airlifted to Noble's, suffering from bruised lungs and cracked ribs.

A consultant at A & E said he was lucky to escape the crash with nothing worse, and would be staying in the hospital for a couple of days.

The race was red-flagged and there was a tense wait until word came through that the popular rider had arrived at hospital conscious and talking.

When the race resumed, local hero Conor Cummins crashed at the Verandah, and followed Guy to Noble's.

The Ramsey rider's sponsor Joe Grant provided this update, which suggested he too had had a lucky escape (play audio file):

[Image: manxradiomain.gif]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-06-2010, 10:33 AM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: Top Riders Recovering in Nobles
(12-06-2010, 10:33 AM)Malcolm Wrote: As reported on Manx Radio earlier today.

Two of the leading riders in road racing have been receiving treatment in hospital, after being injured in separate high-speed crashes during Friday's Senior TT.

Guy Martin came off his machine at Ballgarey on lap three, and was airlifted to Noble's, suffering from bruised lungs and cracked ribs.

A consultant at A & E said he was lucky to escape the crash with nothing worse, and would be staying in the hospital for a couple of days.

The race was red-flagged and there was a tense wait until word came through that the popular rider had arrived at hospital conscious and talking.

When the race resumed, local hero Conor Cummins crashed at the Verandah, and followed Guy to Noble's.

The Ramsey rider's sponsor Joe Grant provided this update, which suggested he too had had a lucky escape (play audio file):

[Image: manxradiomain.gif]

I went and visited Guy in Nobles on Friday evening, he was sitting up in bed and looked good. It was not possible for me to see Conor as the doctors were with him.

Pat.
12-06-2010, 05:39 PM
Find Reply