Legends of Suzuki at the Manx Museum
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Legends of Suzuki at the Manx Museum
[Image: suzuki50years.gif]

Hold on tight for this summer’s new temporary exhibition at the Manx Museum, Douglas. Legends of Suzuki charts fifty years of success for the Japanese firm at the Isle of Man TT races, and features an exciting blend of motorbikes, film footage, leathers, memorabilia and memories from some of the top Suzuki riders of the past five decades.

Put together by curators at the Manx Museum with assistance from Suzuki themselves, the exhibition includes an impressive line up of star names. The likes of Bruce Anstey, Cameron Donald, Adrian Archibald, David Jefferies, Mick Grant, Graeme Crosby and Mike Hailwood will make this an exhibition not to be missed by Suzuki fans and lovers of motorsport in general.

Matthew Richardson, Curator of Social History at Manx National Heritage commented:

“This has been an exciting exhibition to put together. We have worked with top riders from the past and the present to bring together a fantastic mix of memorabilia and memories. Whether it is the classic Suzuki machines of the 1960s which capture your interest, or Bruce Anstey’s Supersport TT wins of the last five years which you remember best, there will be something in this exhibition for you. We are particularly grateful to Suzuki GB and to Relentless Suzuki Racing by TAS for the support which they have given to us in assembling this unique collection of artefacts.”

Suzuki GB marketing Manager, George Cheeseman, commented:

"We are delighted to join forces with Manx National Heritage to put on this special exhibition during such a significant year in the history of Suzuki. With the help and hard work of the Manx Museum, we are delighted to jointly bring together a fascinating mix of machines and memorabilia, that's sure to engage not just Suzuki fans but TT and general motorcycle enthusiast too."

The exhibition is also a first for Manx National Heritage in that there will be two Apps available to download from Apple’s App Store – the Suzuki Legends Gallery app features highlights of Suzuki’s history at the TT races through photographs, video and Google Maps. The Suzuki Legends Exhibition Guide gives an accompanying audio commentary to the objects displayed in the exhibition. It will be packed with extra information and facts about the Suzuki exhibition.

Legends of Suzuki opens on 29 May 2010 and runs until September at the Manx Museum. Admission to the exhibition is FREE. The Manx Museum is open Monday – Saturday 10am – 5pm.

To celebrate the opening of the exhibition Manx National Heritage will welcome guests to a special event hosted by Suzuki GB at the Manx Museum on Tuesday 8th June. Guests include the Relentless Suzuki by TAS racing team and VIPs from across the globe including Mitsuo Ito, the first and only Japanese rider to ever win a TT race. Mitsuo will be joined by with teammate Frank Perris and Stuart Graham, along with Suzuki legends Bruce Anstey and Cameron Donald, who will be on hand to sign autographs for the public from midday.

VIP tickets to a live ‘Radio TT’ Question and Answer session with the Suzuki stars will be issued to the first 100 visitors, with the live broadcast commencing at 1pm in the Manx Museum Lecture Theatre.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
28-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Website Find Reply