TT Practice Runs Smoothly for HM Plant Honda
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT Practice Runs Smoothly for HM Plant Honda
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

In a change of routine, the sidecars were the first out for this evening’s TT practice session, meaning the three HM Plant Honda riders had until 7.55pm to begin their shortened practice session, but, taking to the track at the later time enabled the solo riders to try out the new pit lane speed limit that this year, to replace the stop box system that has been used in the past.

First out on the course for HM Plant Honda was John McGuinness on the Fireblade Superbike. Although he looked to be taking very smooth lines throughout the course, John’s time was down on speed throughout the first lap. Following a return to the pits for some minor set-up adjustments, he went out for another set of laps around the 37.73-mile course and this time was clocked through the speed trap at Sulby registering the fastest time of the evening, of 191.2mph.

Keith Amor followed his HM Plant Honda team-mate down the Glencrutchery Road and was running in third place after his first lap at 128.691mph – 17m 35.46. Although he was unable to better his time on his second outing, he had improved his overall position to fifth on the night.

Meanwhile Michael Rutter put in a personal best time of 17m 44.78s – 127.564mph to head the Superstock timesheet – his time also registered him as fifth fastest in the Superbike class.

Havier Beltran, HM Plant Honda Team Manager, commented,

“Considering we didn’t have so much track time tonight and were later out on the course, things didn’t go too badly for us at all. Pit lane was very congested with the new system being tried out and there was a lot of traffic on the course, which slowed the riders in places. John was not happy with the settings so after the first lap he came in for adjustments. We changed things around for him and he went back out reporting back that he felt much more comfortable. Keith went very well again although he did report a few issues, which can be easily rectified and checked in the final session on Friday evening. Michael has settled into the course and team very well and recorded his personal best time on the HM Plant Honda Fireblade in the Superstock class, so is very happy with his performance. We need to reconfirm one or two things ahead of Friday’s final session and will send the riders out for a steady lap of the course to make sure all is running smoothly ahead of Saturday’s first race.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
04-06-2010, 03:20 PM
Website Find Reply