Blackhorse Kawasaki - Isle of Man TT Practice Report
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Blackhorse Kawasaki - Isle of Man TT Practice Report
[Image: blackhorsekawasaki.gif]

It's been steady progress all the way for Blackhorse Kawasaki team boss Ian Lougher as practice continued for the 2010 Isle of Man TT Races. The world famous event is one of the first to be pencilled into the Welshman's racing schedule each year and remains one of his favourite events of the season.

Like many of his fellow competitors, Ian was left frustrated on Saturday when heavy rain and fog meant the organisers had no alternative but to cancel the traditional untimed session.

Therefore on Monday evening it was straight down to business with timed practice, with Ian managing one lap on the Kawasaki ZX-10 Superstock bike to record a lap of 121.186mph, good enough for 12th place on a night when some of his rivals ahead of him managed at least two Superstock laps. Ian also managed to get a lap in on the ZX-6 in Supersport practice and here he posted a time of 118.799mph which placed him in the top six.

The island awoke on Tuesday morning to heavy rain and fog but by early evening the course was again basked in bright sunshine although caution had to be exercised under the trees, particularly at places like Ramsey Hairpin and Governor's Bridge. It's a scenario that has faced Ian on so many occasions and this time he opted to devote a bit of time to the set-up of the ZX-10 Superbike and on the second of his two laps he recorded a speed of 121.846mph which placed him in the top twelve for the class on the night. Ian's busy night also included another lap on the 'Stocker' at a slightly improved speed of 121.240mph and tenth place for the evening, and also a lap of 117.651mph on the Supersport ZX-6.

[Image: lougherpractice.jpg]

Following a fabulous day of weather on the island, Wednesday evening witnessed the best conditions of the week and Ian proved that things were on the up with the superbike when he completed an excellent solitary lap at a speed of 126.65mph to keep him well within striking distance of his main rivals. Ian then took the Superstock ZX-10 round at 126.216mph, on the next flying lap Ian was on course for a possible 128mph lap when he unfortunately ran out of fuel in the latter stages of the lap. Nevertheless his previous excellent standing start lap had made his intentions clear and placed him fourth in the session.

Speaking on Thursday Ian said:

"Things are gradually starting to improve, the Blackhorse Kawasaki ZX-10 Superstock bike was really good last night (Wednesday) and I was pleased with my standing start lap of 126.216mph, running out of fuel was obviously disappointing as I was on a quick lap but these things sometimes happen in this sport. I have only managed two laps so far on the Supersport ZX-6 and I have also spent a bit of time finding a good set-up for the ZX-10 Superbike, it's one of those things that you can never get perfect on a course as demanding as this, but we are all working hard in the team to get it as near as possible. Overall I'm happy enough with things so far."

Practice continues until Friday evening, with the first race the traditional Superbike event over six laps getting racing proper underway tomorrow (Saturday) at noon.

Again media coverage is excellent, as well as live timing and Manx Radio coverage, ITV4 will be broadcasting an hour long programme on Friday evening showing highlights from practice week.

There will be nightly shows at 9pm until Friday, June 11, when the show will go out at 10pm. There will also be a two hour review show on Sunday June 13. This year, for the first time, all of the ITV4 programmes will be available on ITV Player and geo locked simulcast on itv.com. The action will also be replayed on giant screens on Douglas as part of the TT ‘FanZone’ activity.

Features will include interviews, insight and behind-the-scenes footage, reaction from MotoGP stars Jorge Lorenzo, Loris Capirossi and Angel Nieto will also be shown as they visit the Island for the first time and participate in parade laps.

The coverage will be centred around the five solo and two sidecar races for conventional bikes, however there will also be a close look at the TT Zero electric bike class as these innovative machines take up the Mountain course challenge.

The programmes will be presented by leading ITV sports anchor Craig Doyle with commentary from racing legends Steve Parrish and Jamie Whitham, both of whom have raced the TT course. Local rider and TT winner Richard ‘Milky’ Quayle will also provide expert analysis.

The ITV coverage was negotiated by North One TV, who hold the licence for the exclusive sales and distribution rights for the TT races, on behalf of the Isle of Man Government.

Their high-end production will include the return of the hi-motion ‘Super Slomo’ camera that provided such stunning shots in 2009. This year will also see the introduction of high definition on board cameras that have never been used before in any motorsport event in the UK.

There will also be more course cameras and this year a new ‘pole cam’ that will be used at the start/finish line and pit lane.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 04-06-2010, 09:27 PM by Malcolm.)
04-06-2010, 09:12 PM
Website Find Reply