TT ZERO ELECTRIC BIKES TAKE TO THE MOUNTAIN COURSE TO BEGIN 2010 TT ZERO CHALLENGE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TT ZERO ELECTRIC BIKES TAKE TO THE MOUNTAIN COURSE TO BEGIN 2010 TT ZERO CHALLENGE
[Image: ttzerologo.gif]

Following a weather delayed race day, the 2010 TT Zero race for Electric bikes finally got onto the course at 8.25pm for their first practice session at the 2010 TT Races.

Ten machines are confirmed to compete in the 2010 TT Zero race including London based Ecolve, Agni Racing who have two bikes, University teams Brunel and Kingston, MotoCzysz from America, Isle of Man based ManTTx Racing, Austria’s HTBLAUVA – XX Project, SERT (Swedish Electric Racing Team) and Germany’s Peace E Rider.

TT riders participating include Mark Miller, Jenny Tinmouth, George Spence, Rob Barber, Martin Loicht, Paul Owen, James McBride, Mark Buckley, Chris Palmer and Shaun Gilbertson.

The teams are chasing a £10,000 prize that the Isle of Man Government has put up for the first team to record a 100mph lap around the iconic 37 ¾ mile course which was first achieved by Bob McIntyre in 1957 on a conventional bike.

American Mark Miller on the MotoCzysz E1PC quickly set the pace in the first qualifying session with a time of 93.390mph to Glen Helen, closely followed by Team Agni’s defending champion Rob Barber who recorded 91.586mph at the first timing point.

Miller extended his lead to Ballaugh with a time of 96.327 and was recorded at an incredible 99.520 at Ramsey with Rob Barber not far behind at 96.670. Chris Palmer recorded 80.913 to be tucked into third place.

However the battle royale for first practice honours eventually ended when the MotoCzysz effort encountered problems and faltered after Cronk ny Mona leaving Team Agni and Rob Barber to record the fastest lap at 84.875mph. The Americans at least had the consolation of completing their first lap on the Isle of Man with a time of 74.668mph.

The second TT Zero practice takes place on Monday with the race scheduled for Wednesday 9th June at 16.30 GMT.

[Image: leccybike1.jpg]
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-06-2010, 12:04 PM
Website Find Reply