SUPERBIKE TT PODIUM FOR DONALD AND RELENTLESS SUZUKI
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SUPERBIKE TT PODIUM FOR DONALD AND RELENTLESS SUZUKI
[Image: teamsuzukihdr.jpg]

Relentless by TAS Suzuki rider Cameron Donald demonstrated true grit and determination during yesterday's Superbike TT, pulling himself onto the podium in third place after a first lap mistake that saw him down in 13th.

Donald made ground on his rivals into the opening pit stop at the end of lap two and 76 miles of racing, hauling himself into seventh position and from there he pulled his GSX-R1000 Superbike through the leaderboard. By the time the Aussie had pitted at the end of lap 4, he was only 34 seconds off a podium finish, eventually overhauling fellow Suzuki rider Adrian Archibald for his first podium of the week, with a final flying lap of 129.536mph.

[Image: camdonaldsbike.jpg]

Cameron Donald:

"I made a small error coming into the Nook and lost a lot of time on the opening lap, but when I pitted the boys told me I was making it back up. After that I thought a top-five was possible but to get third is great. This exact day twelve months ago I was sitting in Nobles Hospital, so to get back here and get back on the podium is pretty sweet. I just never gave up and that along with support of the team gave me this podium and a great start to TT week."

His team-mate Bruce Anstey fought bravely throughout the 6-lap TT curtain raiser on his GSX-R1000 Superbike, finishing in 11th place after 226 miles of racing with an average speed of 123.337mph.

Bruce Anstey:

"I struggled a bit out there today and was off the pace early on, but I was able to get some valuable information on the Superbike which should help us now for Friday's Senior TT. I'm now looking forward to Monday's Supersport and Superstock races where I'll expect to be closer to the front and challenging for the podium."

Philip Neill - Team Manager:

"That's what the TT is all about - perseverance. Cameron could easily have believed the race was over for him after the opening lap, but he chipped away and chipped away and we are delighted with his podium in this important year for Suzuki at the TT. Bruce had a few problems but also stayed out there, demonstrating the reliability of the GSX-R range and I'm sure he will be well to the fore in tomorrow's 'stock races."

[Image: handpneil.jpg]

Racing continues tomorrow with the opening 4-lap Supersport race at 10.45am, followed by the 4-lap Superstock TT at 2.15pm.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2010, 09:08 PM by Malcolm.)
06-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Website Find Reply