An Ideal ride-out section
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
An Ideal ride-out section
Since the Mountain Section has been closed a few times this week, thanks to my car radio tuned to 1368 I saved myself going to Ramsey to be blocked at May Hill.

I got to the Sulby Glen Hotel, then CAREFULLY turned right and took a very interesting twisty undulating hairpinned road through Tholt-y Will, a section I had almost forgotten existed.

This back takes you to the Bungalow and by the time I got there that part of the course was open and I could get back to the start and finish.

I have a question: What is the huge carved creature just before Tholt-y-Will that looks like a wizard, a troll or a Buggane ?? It is most impressive and frightened the living daylights out of me when it came into view as I turned a bend. Someone out there must know....I took some 3D pics of it and I need a Title .....Can anyone help please
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
06-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Website Find Reply
beepee Offline

Threads: 23
RE: An Ideal ride-out section
You are quite right Ian it is suppossed to be a wizard,it was fashioned from a dead ash tree by a local tree surgeon, whose name I can't recall,using a big and tiny chainsaws.

It has only recently been finished.My personal opinion is that is rather grotesque and is indeed a little unsettling the first time you come across it.

Ah,try this linkhttp://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/Nick-weaves-his-chainsaw-magic.6281019.jp
07-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Find Reply