TT Reporting
ian huntly Offline
Ian TTFan Huntly

Threads: 394
TT Reporting
Only a few years ago we had a reporter who loved the TT and reported all the incidentals that we the reading public were desperate to read.

In my vast collection are such reports over the two weeks of the TT and I consider them to be collectable because by just reading them I can be back at that years TT. We read of the machines and the riders....

This fortnights TT reporting has been dismal and the penny dreadful has concentrated on the MotoGP bike doing 201mph, the reporters attempt to lap the course with a star, the stars comments, a copy MV and how to tune a MotoGP bike for the TT.

IT JUST AIN'T TT IS IT !

The real stars have been consigned to the back 6 pages !! Two pages of crashes and four pages of results we have already seen on internet.

Norrie must be turning in his grave....

Thanks to Charles Lamberts Blog we had TT NEWS !
Crazydance

In 2015 I celebrate 68 years as a devoted TTFan

Bookingfor 2016 !!
(This post was last modified: 20-06-2010, 06:35 PM by ian huntly.)
20-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Website Find Reply
pat slinn Offline

Threads: 37
RE: TT Reporting
(20-06-2010, 06:30 PM)ian huntly Wrote: Only a few years ago we had a reporter who loved the TT and reported all the incidentals that we the reading public were desperate to read.

In my vast collection are such reports over the two weeks of the TT and I consider them to be collectable because by just reading them I can be back at that years TT. We read of the machines and the riders....

This fortnights TT reporting has been dismal and the penny dreadful has concentrated on the MotoGP bike doing 201mph, the reporters attempt to lap the course with a star, the stars comments, a copy MV and how to tune a MotoGP bike for the TT.

IT JUST AIN'T TT IS IT !

The real stars have been consigned to the back 6 pages !! Two pages of crashes and four pages of results we have already seen on internet.

Norrie must be turning in his grave....

Thanks to Charles Lamberts Blog we had TT NEWS !

Ian,

The days when reporters were interested in people has gone, sadly forever, the likes of Norrie White, Peter Howdle, who used to sort out interesting story's, human interest story's, and personal interest story's have stopped. these guys used to sniff out story's not only about the aces but the struggling privateers. I doubt if many of the modern day reporters know their way to the bottom paddocks at the TT. The MCN editor only seem interested in what he can get out of the TT
21-06-2010, 09:19 PM
Find Reply