STEVE PLATER UPDATE
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
STEVE PLATER UPDATE
[Image: splaterlogo.gif]

HM Plant Honda star Steve Plater is recovering well from the injuries sustained at the NW200 in May. He visited Mallory Park to support his HM Plant Honda Teammates Ryuichi Kiyonari and Josh Brooks as they rode to a fantastic double one two in the two Superbike races on Sunday and spent a lot of time talking to fans and the media regarding his condition.

I have now had four operations in total,” said the ever smiling Lincolnshire rider. One on my carpel tunnel to relieve the pressure on some damaged nerves and then another to pin and plate my arm in two different places – the radius and Ulna bones.

“My broken neck was operated on twice, the front part was to insert a plate but the most painful was the second operation when they put two rods down inside my spine between C5 and C7.

“I am like the bionic man now,” he quaffed. “I have four plates, two rods and 23 screws inserted to hold me all together!”

“I have now had two weeks (20 hours) of treatment in the hyperbaric chamber at Lincoln which is going well and should speed up the recovery of both my arm and neck injuries.

“I have started training again this week and also finding I can do small jobs at home such as strimming the grass so I am coming on fine.”

Asked about how long he thinks it will be before he returns to racing Plater said: “I have no idea as yet. My neck is loads better and the ease of movement is vastly improved but until I am fully fit I won’t even consider getting back on a bike. It will take as long as it takes! I need to get fully fit for life in general before I think about racing again but if things keep on improving as they are then hopefully it won’t be too long.

Again I would like to thank everyone for their messages of support and best wishes I really appreciate it.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
30-06-2010, 06:20 PM
Website Find Reply