HM Plant Honda Sets Sights On Scottish Success
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Sets Sights On Scottish Success
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team heads to Knockhill this weekend for the sixth round of the British Superbike Championship with its confidence high, following a double one-two finish at Mallory Park just two days ago.

Ryuichi Kiyonari arrives at Knockhill following his first double win of the season at Mallory Park and has a strong history at the Fife circuit which includes three victories and two further podiums.

Josh Brookes meanwhile returns to the track where he secured a maiden BSB pole position last season and a double podium finish. His double second place finishes last weekend have put him within just four points of Tommy Hill’s championship lead, a gap which Josh hopes to close further this weekend.

The formidable team-mates are now determined to continue HM Plant Honda’s previous success at the circuit where the team has secured at least one podium finish every year since 2005 and has taken the pole position the past five seasons.

Kiyo said:

“I am feeling very happy and confident at the moment as the HM Plant Honda team have worked so hard to put us in this position and I am feeling very comfortable on the Fireblade. I want to carry the momentum from Mallory Park to Knockhill as now I am fourth in the standings after the two wins at the weekend and I think we can expect more on Sunday. The new settings that we have worked on in testing and during last weekend should be a good base to start with at Knockhill, but I am still aiming for perfection. The last time I raced at Knockhill I was on the podium twice, but I won there in 2005 and 2006 so I like the track because of this! I think it will be two tough races and I know Josh will be pushing me hard again and that the other riders will also be fast. I want two wins at Knockhill and I will be trying my hardest for sure.”

Josh said:

“I had two good races at Knockhill last year with a couple of podium finishes and had a good scrap with Leon (Camier) and Stuart (Easton) so I am up for more of that this weekend. I think perhaps we will see Stuart back up there again after he seemed to struggle at Mallory Park and the same for Tommy (Hill). I want to beat everyone when they are at their best and I think that will be the case on Sunday. Two second place finishes at Mallory Park was a good result for the championship, but I am obviously racing for wins and that is what I want. I think as a team we are in a stronger position now following our tests and last weekend the Honda Fireblade was the bike to beat. I need to keep putting the pressure on Tommy and then with two good results we could come away leading the championship for the first time. For me each round is a step towards improving what we have already done and being the best we can, as the rounds are so close together that momentum is important. We want to lead the championship and then have two good results at the WSB round at Silverstone.”

HM Plant Honda Team Manager, Havier Beltran said:

“The whole team is feeling really positive about Knockhill following the weekend at Mallory Park. To have a one-two finish in both races was an excellent result for everyone at HM Plant Honda and shows the strength of the CBR1000RR as well. If both Kiyo and Josh can push like that again this weekend, I think we will have a good chance of replicating the result. We are all heading to Scotland on a high and it is a short week for the mechanics to turn the bikes around again ready for practice on Friday, but we are definitely confident we can chase for wins. We know what we as a team and our riders are capable of and at the moment we are going from strength to strength, however we know we can’t afford to get complacent.”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
01-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Website Find Reply