Conor Cummins begins road to recovery after TT crash
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Conor Cummins begins road to recovery after TT crash
[Image: iomonlinegif.gif]
As reported on the IOM online website

Injured TT star Conor Cummins was expected to undergo an operation on his badly smashed left arm on Thursday, in the Royal Liverpool University Hospital.

The operation had been scheduled for Tuesday, but deferred.

His arm is fractured and broken in several places between the elbow and shoulder. He is likely to have a brace on that for a while after the operation, which will also check for nerve damage to the limb.

Last Thursday he was in theatre for 12 hours for a double operation on his back and left knee.

It was only after he was transferred to Liverpool a couple of weeks ago that fractures in the lumber region (L1, L2, L3 and L4) were diagnosed. The spine was also found to be twisted.

In addition there are fractures to his pelvis and shoulder, while he also suffered a bruised lung in the high-speed crash at the Verandah on the second lap of the restarted Dainese Senior TT three weeks ago.

The knee injury will undoubtedly take the longest to mend, but suggestions that Conor's knee cap has been removed are inaccurate. The knee cap was fractured in the incident and the knee dislocated.

Read the full report by John Watterson - HERE

"When asked by his grandmother last week if the accident had put him off racing and if he was now going to return his job in a local bank, he swiftly replied: 'Not flipping likely. I'd throw myself off the Verandah again before I'd do that.'
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Website Find Reply