Laverty dives in to P1
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Laverty dives in to P1
[Image: relentlesshdr.jpg]

Relentless Suzuki stole the show this afternoon in the second free practice session at Knockhill as Michael Laverty became the only rider on track to dip into a 48 second lap time ahead of tomorrow's qualifying shootout.

Laverty improved his time at the mid-way point to assert his authority over his championship rivals despite coming under fire from the Honda contingent. Josh Brookes was the fastest of those in second on the leading HM Plant Honda, firing himself to second in the final ten minutes.

Stuart Easton remained third fastest on the Swan Honda, despite running second to Laverty with 20 minutes remaining of the session with Ryuichi Kiyonari also spending a time just behind Laverty until he dropped to fourth.

Michael Rutter waited until the dying seconds to move five fastest on the Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati ahead of championship leader Tommy Hill who was only able to set a time to put him sixth overall ahead of Tommy Bridewell on the Quay Garage Honda.

Alastair Seeley was back inside the top ten in eighth ahead of Chris Walker and the leading Kawasaki of Buildbase-backed John Laverty. James Ellison dropped just outside the top ten in 12th with Motorpoint Yamaha's Andrew Pitt 14th. David Johnson was the fastest of the Mirror.co.uk BSB - Evo contenders to edge out Steve Brogan and Aaron Zanotti.

MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship, Knockhill, free practice two result:

Michael Laverty (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) 48.873s
Josh Brookes (HM Plant Honda) +0.332s
Stuart Easton (Swan Honda) +0.435s
Ryuichi Kiyonari (HM Plant Honda) +0.461s
Michael Rutter (Ridersmotorcycles.com Ducati) +0.462s
Tommy Hill (Worx Crescent Suzuki) +0.497s
Tommy Bridewell (Quay Garage Honda) +0.550s
Alastair Seeley (Relentless Suzuki by TAS) +0.588s
Chris Walker (CW Racing Suzuki) +0.625s
John Laverty (Buildbase Kawasaki) +0.889s
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
02-07-2010, 08:18 PM
Website Find Reply