Márquez starts Catalunya weekend in top form
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Márquez starts Catalunya weekend in top form
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

Going for a fourth successive win of the season at his home race this weekend, the Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider was the fastest 125cc rider in the first practice at the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya.

Marc Márquez matched the scorching weather conditions in Barcelona on Friday afternoon by setting the hottest lap of FP1, topping the opening 125cc session of the weekend with a best time of 1’51.219. The Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider is seeking his fourth straight win of 2010 at his home GP, and made clear his determination to do so in the hour-long practice.

Second on the timesheet as he started to set his bike up in search of a second podium of the season and further disrupt the Spanish domination, Bradley Smith was 0.246s off Márquez with the British rider’s Bancaja Aspar team-mate and current Championship leader Nico Terol in third, over half a second off his colleague’s pace (+0.518s) as he made himself the final rider under the 1’52” bar. Pol Espargaró (Tuenti Racing) was a lot closer to Terol (+0.019s) in fourth.

The gap to fifth-placed Efrén Vázquez was far more substantial at a margin of 1.269s, and just over a whole two seconds off Márquez’s pace. Jonas Folger (Team Ongetta), Sandro Cortese (Avant Mitsubishi Ajo), Johann Zarco (WTR San Marino Team), Randy Krummenacher (Stipa-Molenaar Racing) and Esteve Rabat (Blusens-STX) were separated by less than two-tenths as they completed the top ten. British rider Danny Webb (Andalucia Cajasol) was 12th.

There were crashes for Espargaró with 20 minutes to go, as well as wildcard rider Peter Sebestyen (Right Guard Racing) and Louis Rossi (CBC Corse) towards the end of the session with none experiencing any lasting effects.

1 93 Marc MARQUEZ SPA
2 38 Bradley SMITH GBR
3 40 Nicolas TEROL SPA
4 44 Pol ESPARGARO SPA
5 7 Efren VAZQUEZ SPA
6 94 Jonas FOLGER GER
7 11 Sandro CORTESE
8 14 Johann ZARCO FRA
9 35 Randy KRUMMENACHER SWI
10 12 Esteve RABAT SPA
11 71 Tomoyoshi KOYAMA JPN
12 99 Danny WEBB
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Website Find Reply