Lüthi assumes Moto2 momentum in second practice
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Lüthi assumes Moto2 momentum in second practice
[Image: moto2.gif]

The Interwetten Moriwaki Moto2 rider continued his impressive display despite having only had a collarbone operation last weekend. He was fastest in FP2, ahead of Sergio Gadea and Kenny Noyes.

Thomas Lüthi (Interwetten Moriwaki Moto2) was the leading rider in the second practice at the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya on Saturday morning, setting a fastest time of 1’48.184 on his fourth of 21 laps. Riding with the after-effects of an operation on his injured collarbone still present, the Swiss rider’s efforts were made all the more impressive.

Just 0.033s behind was Sergio Gadea (Tenerife 40 Pons), and he had a crash inside the final five minutes of the session, having already set his best time. The top three was completed by Kenny Noyes (Jack&Jones by Antonio Banderas), who was just over a tenth off Gadea.

Andrea Iannone (Fimmco Speed Up) and Toni Elías (Gresini Racign Moto2) were inside the top five, although the Championship leader did not improve on his time from yesterday. Julián Simón (Mapfre Aspar), Shoya Tomizawa (Technomag-CIP) and Yuki Takahashi (Tech3 Racing) made the top eight positions.

There was a crash after just five minutes for Ratthapark Wilairot (Thai Honda PTT Singha-SAG) but he returned to the track to set the 13th best time of the session (+0.614s), whilst Vladimir Leonov (Vector Kiefer Racing) also went down shortly after. Iannone had a minor run-off with 15 minutes to go, before Gadea and then Yonny Hernández (Blusens-STX) both crashed. Mike di Meglio (Mapfre Aspar) also had a fall towards the end.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-07-2010, 02:45 PM
Website Find Reply