Márquez secures third straight pole
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Márquez secures third straight pole
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The Red Bull Ajo Motorsport rider will go for a fourth consecutive 125cc win from pole position at the Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya. Espargaró, Smith and Terol to join him on the front row.

Marc Márquez took pole position for the 125cc Gran Premi Aperol de Catalunya – his third in a row – thanks to a qualifying lap of 1’50.543 on Saturday afternoon, as he turned his dominance in the two practice sessions into a qualifying result. The young Spaniard was 0.266s faster than rival Pol Espargaró (Tuenti Racing), who secured second place on the grid for Sunday’s race.

British rider Bradley Smith was third as he showed no signs of a hangover from a crash at the end the earlier practice session, and was a further 0.21s down on Espargaró. His Bancaja Aspar team-mate and current Championship leader Nico Terol completed the front row.

Sandro Cortese (Avant Mitsubishi Ajo), Tomoyoshi Koyama (Racing Team Germany), Esteve Rabat (Blusens-STX) and Efrén Vázquez (Tuenti Racing) completed the top eight and took places on the second row. British rider Danny Webb (Andalucia Cajasol) will start from 16th.

There were crashes during the session for wildcard Peter Sebestyen (Right Guard Racing) and Randy Krummenacher (Stipa-Molenaar Racing), who qualified in 14th.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Website Find Reply