Ryan Farquhar wins right to ride 450 single in 125cc
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Ryan Farquhar wins right to ride 450 single in 125cc
Ryan Farquhar is set to ride in the Mid Antrim and Armoy road races after being told that his 450 single can compete in the same race as 125cc bikes.

Farquhar sat out the Bush road races after being told that the 450s would have to start separately and have separate prizemoney from the 125s.

A statement issued by the Road Race Commission has reiterated that the 450 bikes can be part of the 125cc events.

"I feel vindicated but I'd like a public apology," Farquhar told the BBC.

"As agreed on 26 October 2009, 450 machines will run concurrently with 125cc machines and one grid will be formed as per official practice times," the statement said.

"Prizemoney will be paid as finishing position on the road and the championship will be a 125cc/450cc national championship," it continued.

The Road Race Commission had discussed the matter at a meeting in Dundalk on Monday night.

Farquhar had threatened to boycott the remainder of the Ulster road racing season over the dispute.

The Dungannon rider took victory in the class at the Cookstown 100 but was later excluded from the results and has appealed that decision.

"The guidelines were clearly set out last winter and I built the bike to the appropriate regulations using my own money. I put a lot of effort and money into this bike," he said.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
03-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Website Find Reply