Rob Mac Racing - Knockhill race day
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rob Mac Racing - Knockhill race day
[Image: robmachdr.jpg]

The 6th round of the British Superbike Championship held at Knockhill in Fife had to be cancelled, a 50mph wind and torrential rain storm whipped around the mountainous circuit causing chaos in its wake.

Dan Linfoot was an early faller causing the first stoppage and it took two more race starts to complete race one.Andrew Pitt got caught in the early lap scrapping and completed lap one in 18th position, running on full wet tyres on a drying track is not ideal, add that to a 50mph wind and his first time at the track you would have to say that battling through the pack to finish 11th was a good effort.

The second race started again with a crash at the first turn, the race was red flagged and the race director made a very wise decision to call it a day.

It was a great shame for the Knockhill circuit who had worked relentlessly through out the race day and leading up to this their biggest event that the freak weather had ruined the day.

Andrew Pitt Motorpoint Yamaha 11th position race 1

“I am so frustrated, what a race day, sat around in the pit waiting to go or not, races started then stopped then the crazy wind.I can’t believe how hard it is to get the job going, Mallory was OK but frustrating, this circuit was better and I am sure we had a good result lined up but once again we can’t get going. The dry sessions were getting good and if it was not for a problem in final qualifying I could have been at the front, I feel I am getting ready for a good scrap with the front guy’s and just need to get a break, freak weather ruined this race hopefully we can get going at Snetterton”

Dan Linfoot Motorpoint Yamaha DNF

“Disappointed with the race day, the organisers had no option but to cancel with the wind gusting like that but it is another race weekend gone for me.Qualifying was great and my confidence was high, the wet warm up went great and I was ready what ever the track conditions. I guess I was too keen; all the trouble today has been at turn one and I got caught out as well.I know I am riding well now, Snett will be good for me”

Rob Mac

“That was a tough weekend for the whole team not just the riders, trying to make sure you have everything covered in a race scenario like that is pressure for the team, throw in a couple of crashes, 4 re starts and a sever weather warning of 50mph winds you really have a nice relaxing Sunday!

I don’t know what to say anymore, both riders were in great form, both qualifying for the top ten shoot out and both well on the pace, then race day comes and it is turned upside down with a freak Scottish Hurricane blowing through.

Surely the tide will turn at Snetterton for us to get started”
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-07-2010, 08:42 PM
Website Find Reply