Excellent weekend of racing for Farquhar
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Excellent weekend of racing for Farquhar
[Image: ryanfhdr.gif]

Ryan Farquhar enjoyed another excellent, if not busy, weekend of racing as he took six wins from the ten races he started over the course of the two days. The KMR Kawasaki rider took two wins at the Skerries 100 meeting on Saturday before making the overnight dash to Oliver's Mount, Scarborough where he added another four wins to his 2010 tally.

At the Skerries meeting on the outskirts of Dublin, Ryan opened his account with a comfortable victory in the Super Twins race on his ER6 Kawasaki and he followed this up with another first place, this time in the 1000cc Open race where he also set a new outright lap record of 109.335mph as he got the better of Keith Amor by over three seconds. The Scotsman then got the better of Ryan in the 600cc race, albeit by just 0.349s, after another close run affair and it was also second place in the 125/400 race where Ryan was out once more on his 450cc Kawasaki. The Grand Final was then stopped after one lap due to an accident.

[Image: ryanskerries.jpg]

Ryan then made the overnight trip to Scarborough for the Barry Sheene Classic Festival which had races for both classic and modern machinery and the day started with well with victory in both the 350cc Classic and the 400cc race where he was out on his Super Twin machine. First was also the order of the day in the Open race and then again in the Denis Parkinson 500cc Classic event on the 500cc Paton. The weekend then began to catch up with Ryan and after finishing 2nd in the second 400cc race and 3rd in the Geoff Barry Classic Superbike race, he decided to withdraw from the rest of the days racing as fatigue crept in.

Speaking later Ryan said:

"I was really pleased with my results at Skerries and after qualifying quickest on the Super Twin and 1000cc and second on the 600 and 450, the day went pretty much as expected. Keith got a good start in the Open race and I followed him for a few laps before sussing out where I was quickest and once I'd got through I was able to open up a slight gap. The 450 race went better than I thought as Skerries is a pretty fast circuit so to lead for as long as I did and finish so close to William Dunlop on his 125 Honda was very pleasing. The Grand Final was shaping up to be another close race before the unfortunate accident."

"I then got the overnight ferry to the mainland before driving to Scarborough, which, maybe, wasn't such a good idea as we didn't get to the circuit until 6am! I got a wee bit of sleep and felt ok in the first few races but as the day wore on, the lack of sleep started to creep up on me and I was that shattered I couldn't really concentrate properly out on the circuit and it was getting close to becoming dangerous. I spoke to Roger Winfield, who's bikes I was riding at the meeting, and we decided to sit the rest of the day out. Overall, it's been a good two days of racing although a little bit more hectic than I would have liked but I'll look forward to a week off now before getting back out at Scarborough for the Cock o' the North."

Ryan will be back at Oliver's Mount next weekend, July 10-11, for the annual Cock ' the North races.

Words: Phil Wain - Freelance PR
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
05-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Website Find Reply