WSB riders put on good show at Goodwood
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
WSB riders put on good show at Goodwood
A record number of famous motorcycles and riders gathered at the 2010 Goodwood Festival of Speed over the weekend, with a number of current World Superbike riders and bikes also on display.

[Image: corsergoodwood.jpg]
Corser puts the BMW on its back wheel

Amongst a wide-ranging selection of competition motorcycles and many of the most talented riders ever to have graced the past and present world stage, contemporary focus fell directly on the ultra-competitive World Superbike Championship and in particular, this year's influx of British talent.

With riders from the UK making up almost a quarter of the field - and running right at the sharp end - this year's Festival illustrated the strength in depth of British riding talent. Current championship leader Leon Haslam was present with his factory outfit, Team Suzuki Alstare, while reigning British Superbike Champion Leon Camier also attended with his new Aprilia Alitalia Racing team along with Northern Irishman Jonathan Rea of the Hannspree Ten Kate Honda team.

Other British title contenders included the two-time World Champion James Toseland from the successful Yamaha Sterilgarda team, and the likeable Yorkshire lad Tom Sykes, on board a classic Kawasaki, together with his Aussie team-mate Chris Vermeulen.

Regular Goodwood guest Troy Corser represented the BMW Motorrad Motorsport team, albeit with an S 1000 RR Superstock machine (photo), while Eugene Laverty (Parkalgar Honda) and Chas Davies (Triumph BE-1 ParkinGO) were also present from World Supersport.

Superbike World Championship sponsor Alfa Romeo also offered a mouth-watering display of their competition cars from the past and present for the numerous two and four-wheel fans at the event.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Website Find Reply