SUZUKI ALSTARE READY TO BATTLE AT BRUNO
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
SUZUKI ALSTARE READY TO BATTLE AT BRUNO
[Image: worldsbkhdr.gif]

[Image: teamsuzukihdr.jpg]

Team Suzuki Alstare riders Leon Haslam and Sylvain Guintoli are looking forward to continuing their World Superbike Championship battles at this weekend's Brno ninth round in the Czech Republic.

The 5.403 kilometre circuit is a favourite amongst riders due to its flowing nature and elevation variations but, as usual, a good set-up is necessary for a fast lap.

It has been a busy time for the riders recently, particularly Haslam, who managed to fit a visit to the Goodwood Festival of Speed last weekend, but he and Guintoli will be chasing podiums at the Czech Republic circuit.

Leon Haslam:

"I like Brno circuit because it has a bit of everything really. There are a lot of ups and downs and it is a challenging track to ride and one that requires a good bike set-up. Max Biaggi is obviously the rider to beat at the moment because he and his bike are working really well together. But, I'm going to fight all the way this weekend and hopefully claw some of the points back.

"It has been very hectic recently because after the San Marino race, we had a two-day test in Imola and then the Goodwood Festival of Speed. Unfortunately I had a couple of get-offs at Imola and bashed a delicate area of my body, but it will not affect me on the bike. I'm fit and ready to battle Brno and Max and I want to start my summer holiday with some more podiums."

Sylvain Guintoli:

"Fortunately I have been to Brno before, so at least I will not have to start the weekend wondering which way the track goes! It's a good track and I enjoy racing there and am hoping to be on the pace right from the start of practice and be in a good position come race day. Recently, I feel I have begun to have a better understanding of what World Superbikes is all about and how strong you have to be right from the first moments of day one.

"This is a tough old series and very competitive, so you really cannot hang about at all. The racing is hard and a real battle and I like that a lot. After Brno, we have quite a break, so my goal is to get two very good results this weekend and then enjoy my holiday."

2009 results:

Race 1: 1 Max Biaggi (ITA-Aprilia), 2 Carlos Checa (ESP-Honda), 3 Jonathan Rea (GBR-Honda). 7 Leon Haslam (GBR-Honda). Sylvain Guintoli DNS.

Race 2: 1 Ben Spies (USA-Yamaha), 2 Max Biaggi, 3 Michel Fabrizio (ITA-Ducati). 12 Leon Haslam. Sylvain Guintoli DNS.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Website Find Reply