Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
ANOTHER PODIUM FOR ‘IN FORM’ TINMOUTH!
[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship

Round 6 – Knockhill

2-4 July 2010

Maintaining her rich vein of form, Jenny Tinmouth finished on the podium in third position of the cup competitors last weekend in the latest round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, held at Knockhill Racing Circuit, Fife, Scotland.

Following up on her hard fought fourth position the previous weekend at Mallory Park, Jenny was keen to get stuck in during free practice on the Friday. Her initial set up proved to be somewhere near the mark and she was able to achieve a best morning time of 52.347 seconds, just a few tenths shy of her personal best at the circuit. In the afternoon she would improve her time further to end the day in 24th position of the 33 competitors, and sixth in the cup, of which there are 11 competitors.

Happy with her settings, Jenny was looking forward to qualifying. In the first session she set a new personal best time of the circuit, beating her previous best by over half a second to be provisionally placed 20th on the grid, and fourth of the cup runners. Final qualifying saw Jenny once again improve, setting a best time of 51.298 seconds which kept her on the fifth row of the grid for Sunday’s race.

Up until this point the weather had been dry but very windy, but as Sunday arrived, so did the heavy rain and even stronger winds. Jenny didn’t mind the extreme weather, but inevitably the conditions brought several lengthy delays.

[Image: jtinmouthknockhill.jpg]

Once the race got underway, Jenny made a decent start but unfortunately got boxed in through the opening few corners and lost several places. After settling into a rhythm she started to pick up positions, mainly at the hairpin. The safety car was deployed mid-race due to an incident, but once it went in, Jenny targeted Craig McLelland, a fellow cup runner, and once she had picked him off, she chased down Ashley Beech who had another cup runner, Patrick McDougall just ahead of him. Riding with confidence and setting good lap times Jenny looked set to gain these positions, but the race would be red flagged due to another incident in the difficult conditions. With over two thirds race distance completed a result was declared, and Jenny had finished in 19th position. The incident had involved cup runner Paul Jordan, which elevated Jenny to third position and her second cup podium of the season. The result means that Jenny now lies in second place overall in the British Supersport Cup, just five points behind Patrick McDougall, and with a comfortable 14 point gap behind her to equal third place men, Dan Kneen and David Jones.

Jenny Tinmouth:

“I’ve had another great weekend, I’m particularly pleased to get into the low 51’s in qualifying, and despite getting boxed in at the start of the race, it went very well and I’m mega pleased with the result. I would like to say a massive thank you to all my sponsors, Brad, Martin and Mum & Dad. Things are going well and I’m now looking forward to Snetterton.”

2010 Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup

(Top 10 Positions after Round 6 – Knockhill)

1 Patrick McDougall 87pts

2 Jenny Tinmouth 82

3= Dan Kneen 68

3= David Jones 68

5 Paul Jordan 64

6 Max Hunt 63

7 Mark Cringle 56

8 Luke Mossey 50

9 Shaun Winfield 45

10 Marcus Woodbine 34

You can next see Jenny Tinmouth in action in the seventh round of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship which takes place over the weekend of 16-18 July at Snetterton.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
06-07-2010, 07:17 PM
Website Find Reply