Snetterton: The statistics
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Snetterton: The statistics
There is just a week to go until the triple header round at Snetterton following last weekend's round at Knockhill and the official British Superbike Championship website brings you some fascinating facts and surprising statistics ahead of the event.

Snetterton has a history of producing double race winners in the past five years; these include Leon Camier (2009) and Ryuichi Kiyonari (2007, 2006).

There are few riders on the current BSB grid who have scored winning doubles already in their career; Ryuichi Kiyonari (last time - 2010 Mallory Park), Michael Rutter (last time - 2005 Mallory Park) and Chris Walker (last time - 2000 Knockhill). If any other rider makes a winning double it will be a career first.

Michael Rutter put Ducati back on the top step of the podium for the first time since 2008 at Knockhill and will start from pole position for the opening race next weekend following the cancellation of race two. However if he can secure the pole position for the first race on Sunday he will add to Ducati's impressive pole position record at the Norfolk circuit; in the past ten years they have taken seven poles, whilst Honda have taken two and one from Yamaha.

Suzuki though haven't started from pole in the past ten seasons and if Tommy Hill or Yukio Kagayama are victorious it would be the first time they have won there since the Japanese returnee won in 2004.

The past three years have been a manufacturer clean sweep of pole positions and race wins - in 2009 it was Yamaha, 2008 for Ducati and 2007 was a Honda hat trick.

Since the 2003 season the eventual champion has won at least one of the races at Snetterton.

HM Plant Honda currently leads the standings with Josh Brookes and this has been another good circuit for them in the past; the team have finished on the podium at least once every year since 2004. Whilst in 2009 Brookes took his first ever double BSB podium finish here.

There were photo finishes during the first race at Knockhill, but back in 1995 there was the closest race finish here at Snetterton with a dead heat between the late Steve Hislop and Jamie Whitham.

Until his maiden victory at Oulton Park earlier this year, Michael Laverty had taken his best finish here at Snetterton onboard the Stobart Honda in 2005.

In the past this has been one of the strongest tracks for Ryuichi Kiyonari; of the eight races he has started, he has won six.

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is now a triple header event at Snetterton on 16/17/18 July.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Website Find Reply