Crutchlow low in luck at Brno
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Crutchlow low in luck at Brno
[Image: worldsbkhdr.gif]

[Image: crutchlowbrno.jpg]
Race one at the Brno circuit saw Yamaha Sterilgarda rider Cal Crutchlow made a strong start, taking race favourite Max Biaggi on the second lap for second place. He then set about chasing down race leader Johnny Rea, and was gradually closing in on him when his grip started to drop after several laps. Despite the difficulty Crutchlow kept his focus and managed to hold off the advances of Biaggi until just four laps from the end, initially rebuffing the Italian's attempts to pass before finally surrendering second. He crossed the line in third just four seconds from the lead, and took the fastest lap of the race award, scoring a 1'59.964 on his third lap.

Race two and disaster struck for Crutchlow. A defective rear tyre saw the British rider gradually drop back to seventh before pulling in to avoid a crash. The tyre was changed and Crutchlow rejoined, delivering yet again the fastest lap of the race with an incredible 1'59.291, making up a couple of places to finish in 14th.

"I'm disappointed to be honest, I knew we had the pace this weekend to win," said Crutchlow. "The first race didn't go too much to plan, we had a bit of a problem with rear grip so we made a change for the second race which I thought was going to be really good. I did 12 laps on the rear tyre and to be honest I was just about to crash so I had to pull into change it. The tyre looked brand new after 12 laps where it should have looked worn. We did the last eight laps on a brand new tyre, I did the fastest lap of the race and the tyre looked perfect. I'm disappointed I couldn't take it to the front guys but that's racing, we'll go to Silverstone now and make up for it."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
12-07-2010, 04:04 PM
Website Find Reply