Rossi Tests Again In Brno
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi Tests Again In Brno
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

Valentino Rossi today completed a second day of testing, this time at Brno in the Czech Republic, in order to better understand his physical condition following the broken leg he sustained at Mugello five weeks ago. He once again rode a Yamaha YZF-R1 machine, provided by the Yamaha World Superbike Team to the Fiat Yamaha Team

Rossi completed 46 laps with a best time of 1'59.135. Following today's positive test he will now wait for a final medical check on Wednesday before making a decision about riding at Sachsenring. Wataru Yoshikawa, who stood in for Rossi at the last round in Catalunya, is travelling to Germany and has been entered as a substitute rider once again.

Yamaha awaits Valentino's final personal decision as to when he feels ready to ride again. Yamaha's priority is a full recovery to fitness for Valentino rather than a quick comeback.

[Image: rossibrno.jpg]

If Valentino decides to ride in Germany, he will need final approval from the FIM Chief Medical Officer before he can participate in a Grand Prix.

The Fiat Yamaha Team would like to express their thanks to the Yamaha Italia World Superbike Team for their support and help in providing this bike for Valentino to ride during this period.

"Today was good, I felt better than in Misano but I still feel quite tired after a few laps and a race will be a much bigger question. We haven't made the final decision yet, I need to have some more x-rays on Wednesday and then my doctors and I will consider whether I can ride at Sachsenring. Once I'd understood my physical condition today, I had great fun riding the R1 and even did some work on the settings! I want to say a big thank you to the WSB Team for staying on here another day and making this test possible for me."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
13-07-2010, 12:29 PM
Website Find Reply