HM Plant Honda Gears Up For High Speed Snetterton
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
HM Plant Honda Gears Up For High Speed Snetterton
[Image: hondahdr.gif]

The HM Plant Honda team returns to action this weekend for the seventh round of the British Superbike Championship and following the cancellation of the second race at Knockhill last time out, this weekend’s Snetterton round will be the first of the triple-header events.

Josh Brookes currently leads the overall championship standings by four points and despite a crash during testing last week, he is determined to build on his four consecutive podium finishes and hold his championship lead after the three races this weekend. Josh took his first double podium finish in BSB at the Norfolk circuit last season, so he is looking to add to his tally of podium finishes.

Ryuichi Kiyonari meanwhile returns from a recent test in Japan ahead of the Suzuka Eight Hour race, eager to build on his impressive form over the past rounds which has seen him climb to third in the overall standings. This circuit has been one of his strongest in the past and from eight races here he has scored five victories, including double wins in 2006 and 2007.

The HM Plant Honda team also return to the grid in the National Superstock 1000 Championship as Bryan Staring makes his UK debut in place of Steve Plater who is still recovering from injury. Staring joins the team for this round after winning the Australian Supersport Championship last season, and he currently leads the Superbike championship with Honda.

Josh said:

“I want to get back out this weekend at Snetterton and maintain the position in the championship, so it is business as usual for me and the HM Plant Honda team. I had the crash during testing last week but I can’t see it being a problem here - I felt beaten up afterwards but I am feeling better now. I went back out and rode the bike in the afternoon so I know it hadn’t slowed me down and it wasn’t a problem. My foot was still sore but hopefully that won’t affect me this weekend. I had two podium finishes at Snetterton last year, but I know that there are lots of guys that will be strong; Kiyo is getting faster at every round and Tommy (Hill) is going to want to make a comeback after the last round. I just need to do my own thing, get the most out of the Fireblade and get the best results I can for myself and the HM Plant Honda team.”

Kiyo said:

“Snetterton has been a good track for me when I raced there before and I had several wins there so it has good memories for me. That always makes me feel confident before the event and of course I want to win again there this weekend. We have made a step up at each round with the development of the HM Plant Honda Fireblade and we are getting faster at every event, so I am happy and ready for the three races this weekend. I think also there is still more to come from me and I always want to be faster, so maybe I can find that little extra at Snetterton, especially as there are three races. I know the other riders will be fast, but I just need to make sure I am faster than them!”

Bryan said:

“I am so revved for this weekend and I want to give the HM Plant Honda team a good result as they have given me the opportunity to come and race in the UK. I know the competition is really strong in the UK but I know that the team has a strong package and, once I have settled into the team then I definitely want to be up there. I will be giving it my best shot and hopefully I can reward the team with a good result to repay them for the opportunity this weekend.”

Team Manager Havier Beltran concluded:

“We head to Snetterton this weekend following another double podium finish for Josh and Kiyo and Knockhill and both riders are certainly on a roll right now, backed by the incredible hard work of the team. We have made headway with set-up over the past few rounds and we have made improvements where before we had been weaker. We know that both riders have a strong race pace and are eager to continuing driving the development forward of the HM Plant Honda CBR1000 RR and finish the weekend on top.

“We are also pleased to welcome Bryan Staring to the team for this weekend, replacing Steve Plater in the National Superstock Championship. We felt that we needed to return to the grid at this round and it is always a difficult decision when replacing a rider. Bryan has shown the potential of the Honda in Australia as the reigning Supersport champion and currently leading the Superbike class and we now hope he can replicate his success here this weekend.”

For the record

Superbike lap record:

Ryuichi Kiyonari (Honda) 1m 04.688s, 108.63mph (2006)

Superbikes on track

Friday 16 July

10.10-10.55 and 14.40-15.35 Free Practice

Saturday 17 July

09.35-10.20 Free Practice

12.20-13.16 Swan Combi Roll for Pole

15.15 Race one – 20 laps

Sunday 18 July

09.15-09.30 Warm Up

12.30 Race two – 22 laps

16.30 Race three – 22 laps

Superbikes on television

British Eurosport 2

Saturday 17 July

15.05-16.00 live raceday

Sunday 18 July

12.25-13.45 and 15.45-18.00 live raceday

22.15-23.45 highlights
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2010, 07:41 PM by Malcolm.)
13-07-2010, 07:37 PM
Website Find Reply