Walker makes Honda return
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Walker makes Honda return
Chris Walker will return to Honda machinery this weekend (16/17/18 July) at Snetterton for the first time since 2008 as he lines up for the Sorrymate.com SMT Honda team in the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship.

Walker is now firmly inside the top ten in the overall standings after some impressive performances on the CW Racing Suzuki and a spell onboard the MSS Colchester Kawasaki when he deputised for Simon Andrews, but the 'Stalker' admits the last minute call up by Robin Croft's team was one he couldn't refuse.

[Image: cwalker1.jpg]

Walker said:

"This is a fantastic opportunity for me and it couldn't have come at a better time, as we have had a tough few rounds, but we still have had some good results and I am in the top ten in the standings. It has been hard work but I have loved riding the Suzuki again this year and also the outings on the MSS Colchester Kawasaki.

"The phone call came out of the blue, but everyone knows they are a professional team and are really hard workers. We know the potential of the Honda as it has qualified on the front row and has been in the top five, so hopefully I can give the boys a good set of results. The last time I rode a Honda was in 2008 with Birdy's (Paul Bird) team so I am sure this will feel different but I want to continue the way we have been going as my results have improved as the season has progressed. This is a great chance and I don't intend on wasting it."

The next round of the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship is now a triple header event at Snetterton this weekend (16/17/18 July).
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
14-07-2010, 01:58 PM
Website Find Reply