BSB Stars to Contest Ken Redfern Trophy Meeting at Croft
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
BSB Stars to Contest Ken Redfern Trophy Meeting at Croft
[Image: croftcircuit1.gif]

The prestigious Ken Redfern Trophy is the highlight of an action packed two-day extravaganza at Croft Circuit when the popular North East Motor Cycle Racing Club championship series returns to the Yorkshire track this forthcoming weekend with another capacity field set to battle out the various classes.

Following his death in a road accident near his Hutton Rudby home in 1973, local hero Ken Redfern was one of the sport's biggest stars back then. He enjoyed a good deal of success at Croft as well as finishing second to the legendary Giacomo Agostini on consecutive weekends in 1969 at Mallory Park and Cadwell Park and a race in his memory has been contested every year since 1974, with names such as Kork Ballington, Joey Dunlop, Jamie Whitham and Guisborough's Dennis Hobbs among the winners.

This year, there's a star-studded entry with a number of top British Superbike stars in action, no doubt using the opportunity of some extra practice ahead of the BSB meeting in September.

Splitlath Aprilia's Hudson Kennaugh from South Africa as well as Newcastle team-mate Chris Burns are scheduled to be in action and the British Superbike pairing will be joined by the likes of Scottish Superstock front-runners Jimmy Storrar, Adam and Liam Lyon and David Paton. Runaway Superstock 600 leader Josh Day makes the trip up from Cirencester where he'll be joined by the likes of James East, Geoff Lapworth, Craig McLelland, Matt Bilton and Mike Booth and also expected to challenge will be Ulsterman Nikki Coates and former Laird of Croft Jon Ingram.

Local challengers include Chester le Street's David Bell and Jonathan Nell from Northallerton in the packed entry list.

In addition to the feature event, this weekend includes F125, Classics, Pre-injection 600, Moto 70/80s, 125GP, F400, Mini-twins, F600, Thunder Bikes, four-stroke twins and singles, non-injection 1200, Open sidecars and Open solos action as well as the Ken Redfern Trophy open solo race. Qualifying gets underway at 9.30am on Saturday with Sunday's action commencing at 12.00 noon.

Adult admission is just £12 each day with accompanied children aged 15 and under admitted FREE. There is FREE car parking and FREE paddock access too and for further information, please visit http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk or call 01325 721815.

CROFT SUPPORTERS CLUB

Membership forms can be obtained from the circuit reception or by visiting http://www.croftsupportersclub.com.

OFFICIAL CAMPING AT BSB

Croft Circuit is able to offer campsite facilities in a field adjacent to the circuit for the MCE Insurance British Superbike Championship
over the weekend of 10/12th September.

Facilities are limited but there will be 24 hour security, portaloos and a drinking water tap. The cost is £15 per pitch per night (£13 when booked in advance before 7th September) and the pitch fee includes caravan, tent or motorhome with two occupants and one vehicle. Extra person is £2 per day (children 12 years and under are free).

Booking details are available at http://www.croftcircuit.co.uk although advance booking for the campsite
can only be made by telephone by calling 01325 721815.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
20-07-2010, 09:08 PM
Website Find Reply