TINMOUTH CHARGES TO SNETTERTON PODIUM!!!
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
TINMOUTH CHARGES TO SNETTERTON PODIUM!!!
[Image: jennytinmouthlogo.jpg]

Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship

Round 7 – Snetterton

16-18 July 2010

Jenny Tinmouth has once again delighted her sponsors and fans by battling to a fine podium finish in round seven of the British Supersport Cup, run within the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship, held at Snetterton last weekend. She fought hard throughout the 20 lap race, impressing a bumper weekend crowd to finish in 18th position overall and third of the cup competitors, having overtaken Matthew Hoyle on the last lap to secure her third cup podium of the season.

Free practice on the Friday saw Jenny settle straight into her stride, lapping consistently in both sessions, with her best time of 1 minute 10.251 seconds just being a fraction outside her personal best time of the circuit set at the corresponding round last season.

Saturday brought with it the rare occurrence of track degradation at the Russell’s chicane which needed immediate attention. After a lengthy delay a revised schedule was issued which meant the Supersport riders would have only one qualification session instead of the usual two sessions, preceded by a short free practice session for the riders to acclimatize to the re-profiled chicane at Russell’s.

Having had some modifications made to her sorrymate.com Honda CBR600RR overnight, Jenny used the short free practice time to make some final adjustments, so spent much of the session back at the awning, enabling her mechanic Steve, to give her the best possible set up for qualifying.

[Image: jennytsnet1.jpg]

Once qualifying got underway, Jenny got her head down, and completed 21 laps, the best of which was a full second quicker than she had ever gone around the 1.952 mile airfield circuit, placing her in 23rd position on the grid for the following days race, with a lap time of 1 minute 9.081 seconds, at an average speed of 101.72mph.

Jenny made a good start to the race but was unluckily sat up in the first corner by a rider on her inside and completed lap one in 28th position, but once into her stride she would up the tempo and start to pick off riders as she systematically progressed through the field. By lap ten, half race distance, she had made her way through to 22nd place, and would continue her charge up the order during the latter stages. As the last lap approached she was in 19th position with fellow cup rider Matthew Hoyle just up the road and holding the final cup podium position. Determined to make the position hers, she would overtake Hoyle at the first corner, Riches, on the final lap, and manage to pull away by over a second in the remainder of the lap to secure an impressive podium and 20 precious cup points to keep her in second position overall.

Jenny Tinmouth:

“I really enjoyed the race today, and battled hard for my podium, which was good fun. I’m very pleased with how things are going at the moment which gives me great confidence going into the next round at Brands Hatch GP, which is one of my favourite circuits. We just need to continue to be focused and move up the grid, as we certainly have the pace to compete for more podiums.”

2010 Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Cup

(Top 10 Positions after Round 7 – Snetterton)

1 Patrick McDougall 107pts
2 Jenny Tinmouth 98
3 Max Hunt 88
4 David Jones 77
5 Dan Kneen 68
6 Mark Cringle 67
7 Paul Jordan 64
8 Shaun Winfield 55
9 Luke Mossey 50
10 Matthew Hoyle 39

Jenny can next be seen in British Supersport action over the weekend of 6-8 August when the series visits Brands Hatch GP circuit for round eight of the Fuchs-Silkolene British Supersport Championship and Supersport Cup.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
21-07-2010, 03:11 PM
Website Find Reply