Steve Plater is hoping for an early return to racing
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Steve Plater is hoping for an early return to racing
[Image: platerlogo.gif]

Steve is hoping for an early return to racing and if all goes to plan will make his come back at his local circuit of Cadwell Park over the August Bank Holiday.

Steve who crashed in practice for the North West 200 races in Northern Ireland back in May has recovered well from the injuries received in the crash. He broke his left arm in two places and an MRI scan subsequently discovered a break in his neck. He had an operation to pin and plate his arm and then went to Nottingham for two operations to mend his broken vertebrae.

Although the HM Plant Honda ace is still suffering from nerve damage in his arm and hand the intensive treatment in the hyperbaric chamber is proving to be beneficial and Plater is anticipating a return to the track shortly.

“I saw the surgeon last week and he is happy with the way the bones have healed. I have still got some nerve damage in my arm but he said my neck is stronger than before the accident so I am aiming for my return to racing at Cadwell Park in six weeks time. I have been given the go-ahead to train properly now and am using some weights . I have also been doing some press ups and it doesn’t hurt so that’s promising. I just need to get some strength back in my arm and then hopefully I can get the go-ahead from the medics and be passed fit to get back on the bike.”

Meantime Steve has not been idle as he was at Snetterton this weekend to support the HM Plant Honda British Superbike team and took on brolly duties for Ryuichi Kiyonari in Saturday’s 20-lap Superbike race where the Japanese star finished in second place behind his HM Plant Honda teammate Josh Brookes.

“I held the brolly for Kiyo on Saturday and then did some PR for the team and their sponsors in the hospitality unit. It was a normal weekend for me except that I wasn’t racing. I have been busy with the physio etc for the last few weeks so haven’t really missed racing but I must be getting better as I am itching to get back out there now.”

Steve is aiming to take in some track days and get some laps under his belt prior to the Cadwell Park race when he will resume his challenge for the Superstock 1000 title. Despite missing six rounds of the campaign Steve still holds sixth place in the rider standings and is still in with an outside chance of lifting the trophy at the end of the season.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
23-07-2010, 05:33 PM
Website Find Reply