Rossi anticipating a “very difficult” race
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
Rossi anticipating a “very difficult” race
[Image: motogplogo.gif]

The reigning World Champion qualified in sixth position for the Red Bull U.S. Grand Prix, in a closely matched second row.

Valentino Rossi secured what was a good second row starting position for Sunday’s race at Laguna Seca as the Italian rode through the pain barrier once more. With his shoulder causing him more discomfort than his leg on the Californian track Rossi was sixth fastest in qualifying.

"We didn't go too badly today but we need to improve our setting a little bit to get closer to the leaders,” he said. “Lorenzo and Stoner are very fast but after that there are a few riders quite close together, including me, so it's not too bad.”

The Italian was part of a second row that was separated by just 0.071s, and he is expecting a physically demanding 32-lap race on Sunday.

[Image: rossilaguna1.jpg]

“I think it's going to be very difficult tomorrow because this track is a lot harder for me than Sachsenring, but I hope I can have a good race,” he explained. “There are a few corners where we know we can be a bit faster so tomorrow morning we will try to make some small changes to the setting to allow that, then I need to get a good start. My leg feels better than yesterday, which is good, the problem today is the shoulder because my left one isn't strong enough to compensate completely for the lack of power in my right one and now I have some pain in both!”

Rossi added: “My hope for tomorrow is to be able to finish the race without too much pain and to do the best we can in the circumstances."
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-07-2010, 03:19 PM
Website Find Reply