New Recruit To Gearlink Kawasaki Squad
Malcolm Offline
Administrator

Threads: 18,390
New Recruit To Gearlink Kawasaki Squad
[Image: bsblogo.jpg]
[Image: bsbsupersportlogo.jpg]

Following a successful test session at Mallory Park Gearlink Kawasaki have signed East Yorkshire rider Tom Grant to ride for the team at the Brands Hatch round of the British Supersport championship.

Gearlink Kawasaki team owner Michael de Bidaph contacted Grant to discuss the ride and they tested at Mallory Park on Friday where Grant instantly gelled with the bike and was very positive about the chassis and engine resulting in the 22-year-old rider being invited to join the squad at the Brands Hatch round of the British Supersport championship on August 8.

Grant from Market Weighton, near York completed the 2009 championship in a strong eighth position and enjoyed success earlier this year, his best result being third place at Thruxton with the East Coast Yamaha team.

[Image: tomgrant.jpg]

Tom Grant

I would like to thank Michael and the Gearlink Team for giving me the opportunity to get back out on the track again. We had a positive test at Mallory and I got a good feel for the bike so I won’t be on the back foot when we get to Brands Hatch in two weeks time. Although I have to be realistic about my chances on my first ride for the team I will be aiming my sights at the top five and cannot see any reason why this cannot be achievable.

Michael de Bidaph – Team owner and manager

I am very pleased that Tom will be riding for the team at Brands Hatch. After just a short test at Mallory Park Tom was posting some good lap times.

We came close to finishing last season with Tom, after Chris Martin's crash, but that never happened so I feel that this will be an ideal opportunity for Tom to show what he can do on the Kawasaki.

It is with regret that Gearlink Kawasaki is unable to continue with Jamie Hamilton due to a lack of funding for his ride.
Be right back. I am going to go find myself, and if I leave before I get back, make sure to tell me !! -
25-07-2010, 04:03 PM
Website Find Reply